Spy Photos: 2008 Buick Enclave

Variance

It looks excellent, and I'm glad to see that it looks like the V6 models will have nice-looking dual exhuasts.

Is it just me or does the grill look slightly bigger and bolder here?

I think it's just the angle.

I have a feeling it'll look even nicer than the concept, once stripped of its grotesque copper paint, blingy wheels, and overused chrome.

like lutz comented...

What you see is pretty much what you get, the only thing that wouldnt be in a production model would be the center isle/cosole thing... and the alumium door trim type stuff...

I'm sorry, but ever since I saw the "concept" I thought one thing--"boy, Buick is sure sticking to their theme of moderately to REALLY awkward proportions".

Much better looking than the Rendezvous, but still gangly and awkward as all get out. Why, oh why, can't Buick ever get a vehicle that looks terrific from every angle, and not like it has a protruding fat gut or a big snoze?

Should be a terrific vehicle, granted, but still quite an oddly shaped one...

For every nice line, there seems to be a matching awkward one <_<

Same deal with the Lacrosse and Lucerne...great from some angles, but overweight and blobby from others.

Edited by caddycruiser

I'm sorry, but ever since I saw the "concept" I thought one thing--"boy, Buick is sure sticking to their theme of moderately to REALLY awkward proportions".

Much better looking than the Rendezvous, but still gangly and awkward as all get out.  Why, oh why, can't Buick ever get a vehicle that looks terrific from every angle, and not like it has a protruding fat gut or a big snoze?

Same deal with the Lacrosse and Lucerne...great from some angles, but overweight and blobby from others.

FYI you are DEF in the minority here....

I do not care for the wheels.

And as for the roof rails not being chrome... well, I think they're camo'd as well... so maybe they are chrome and just covered with black tape?

FYI you are DEF in the minority here....

I agree, but I'm just trying to figure out how so MANY people can't see how awkward this thing looks from a lot of different angles. Just take a look at a bunch of different pics, and you'd see what I mean.

Really does remind me of the Lacrosse, which is supposedly a bit awkward because they had to stretch and tuck it a bit to fit on the dinosaur W-body, and the Lucerne which just has that big, fat, bland face...

I really do want to like it, heck, I even like the dorky Rendezvous a lot, but it just looks melted and weird to me...

I agree, but I'm just trying to figure out how so MANY people can't see how awkward this thing looks from a lot of different angles.  Just take a look at a bunch of different pics, and you'd see what I mean.

Really does remind me of the Lacrosse, which is supposedly a bit awkward because they had to stretch and tuck it a bit to fit on the dinosaur W-body, and the Lucerne which just has that big, fat, bland face...

I really do want to like it, heck, I even like the dorky Rendezvous a lot, but it just looks melted and weird to me...

Well how I see it is that you already have a picture of what an SUV in your mind, so it looks different from your perception, hence awkward.

The Enclave is really a vehicle of its own kind and class. Sort of extending the idea of the Rendezvous, it has the space efficency of a Minivan, yet it drives and blends the look of an SUV.

I agree, but I'm just trying to figure out how so MANY people can't see how awkward this thing looks from a lot of different angles.  Just take a look at a bunch of different pics, and you'd see what I mean.

I'm in full disagreement with you here in pretty much all you are saying. This could be the nicest looking SUV on the outside ever built.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this thing OOOOZES style

Edited by regfootball

Much better looking than the Rendezvous, but still gangly and awkward as all get out.  Why, oh why, can't Buick ever get a vehicle that looks terrific from every angle, and not like it has a protruding fat gut or a big snoze?

Yes, I've mentioned before that it looks like a really sophisticated minivan on stilts. Looking at it from the front is a bit awkward... the grille is insanely high and overall it's a bit bubbly... but regardless, you can really tell GM were trying hard and sticking to the details. I like the Centieme better myself.

the Lexus RX's styling is puke or roadkill in comparison

AMEN!

I am SO not an SUV fan--I've learned to appreciate larger, boxier SUVs to a degree, but this is absolutely gorgeous in my opinion. Sure, maybe I'm swayed because it has a tri-shield on it, but then again, I NEVER liked the bloated Rendezvous. This, is, without a doubt, a quality attempt and successful execution inside and out by the general.

Yes, I've mentioned before that it looks like a really sophisticated minivan on stilts. Looking at it from the front is a bit awkward... the grille is insanely high and overall it's a bit bubbly... but regardless, you can really tell GM were trying hard and sticking to the details. I like the Centieme better myself.

THANK YOU! At least I'm not the only one...

And no, I don't have a "perception of what an SUV is supposed to be", as I love the most unique, even oddly styled ones out there, but the body proportions are something that I always notice.

The Enclave should be an AMAZING ride, especially compared to the ho-hum, too-minivan, too-awkward, too-small, but still oddly nice Rendezvous. It looks very luxurious and rich from most angles, but still awkward from others.

They aren't alone, though...take a look at things like the gawky new Lexus ES, as just one example, and you'll see what I mean. Luxurious lines are one thing, but getting them to flow and work beautifully together is also key...

Maybe when they show real production models with a less, well, "poopy" color scheme, and a bit smaller wheels, I'll like it more. Just a personal taste thing, that's all.

Edited by caddycruiser

The very first vehicle from ahem "start" (notice the quotes...) to finish was the Solstice. The rest after that have been true Lutz jobs with a "loose" LaCrosse due to time constraints.

The man does know what he is doing. I just wish GM would do Q&A's, appearances, etc regarding their top dogs.....the blog is over worked & done.....move onto something else.

• 2 weeks later...