The New Tundra

Variance

if there's one truck that's in trouble...i think it's the f-150...

gm is turning the corner

ford is getting lost in the crowd

Ford is getting lost in a pricing strategy that makes it really hard to call it a value. Seriously, F-150 super cab with pw, pd, tilt, cruise, and a CD player 35k. NO WAY. I could go get a Silverado with 4WD, 6-disc CD changer, 310HP V8 and a host of options Ford doesn't offer for about 28k.

I hope Toyota fills the plant in San Antonio. I live here and much of the recent development here has been geared towards their success. I don't wish for our economy to fail just as those up north with GM plants wish they were successful too. Please refrain from wishing undo financial harm on others...

I see two possible outcomes, Toyota, Nissan, and Perhaps Honda and Hunydai Perhaps creeping into retail sales of trucks, but won't have an overrall effect on market share, this has much more to do with the amount of company fleet purchases and government contracting. There are so many tie-ins that GM/DODGE/FORD have with companies and governmental entities that the net outcome would be minimal with these kinds of purhcases, also you have to into account the amount of configurations availible, the Asian marks simply don't have as many and would be priced too high for a small business to purhcase on and moderate scale. What I think would happen is that simply more trucks will be sold, not any real loss in market share per say.

This is like saying that we will see Police departments with Camries/Maximas/Accords/Altimas or taxis as Avalons/Azeras/etc, simply would not happen because of costs.

I see two possible outcomes, Toyota, Nissan, and Perhaps Honda and Hunydai Perhaps creeping into retail sales of trucks, but won't have an overrall effect on market share..

This is confusing. Let's say that Ford and GM have roughly 35% market share each and the rest (Dodge, Toyota, and Nissan share the remaining 30% of the full-sized market. How can Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and Hyundai add volume and not increase market share? You expect Ford, GM, and DaimlerChrysler to gain volume as the Asian brands gain volume?

Anyway you cut it, if Ford and GM keep their volumes (which I think is possible, but improbable) while Nissan and Toyota add volumes...and Hyundai will definitely enter this market, then Ford and GM will LOSE market share. Everything still has to add up to 100% in the end.

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings