NEW Saturn Outlook spy pics

Apparently, this guy was coming out of the Phoenix airport, and there waiting to pick someone up was a guy from GM in a camo'd Outlook. Told him to stop taking pictures, but he still got a few:

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100208me.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100214yn.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10100220wg.jpg

A bit boxier, but I think I like the proportions on this thing better than the melted looking Enclave.

EDIT: Here, and I quote, was the pic-taker's story:

I shot these January 3rd, just finally getting around to posting them. From reading through this post, I assume this is the new outlook.

Circumstances for taking these was quite funny. I was at the Phoenix airport, and this guy was sitting right outside where people wait to pick up arriving passengers. Strange place for a preproduction car, don't you think? He had the nerve to tell me I can't take pictures of the car. I just chuckled. Maybe you shouldn't take the car to the airport....a place with lots of tourists with CAMERAS...duh. He's lucky I'm a nice guy and didn't snap a bunch of interior shots when he rolled down the window to tell me to stop shooting pics...

Edited by caddycruiser

judging by that subrban that's right next to it, this thing is much larger than I had thought.

But as far as appearance goes, it looks good for what I can see, can't wait to see it uncovered. The headlights I'm having a hard time if they're more like aura/astra style or s3x style.

After looking up some "Opel" concepts I remembered about this one

Posted Image

Taking that into effect, body colored does look mazdaish, but chrome I think really sets it appart from that.

awesome shot

i really think GM is on to something big with the Enclave and Outlook. only thing is, it will certainly not be affordable for me.

I would have told the dude to kiss my ass then I would have waited for his person to load their luggage into the back, walked right up behind it, stuck my camera just close enough to get a real nice interior shot.

Like the idiot expected any different? If anything, I wouldnt be surprised if he did not catch $h! for it. I know the guy that left the hood open on the Solstice GXP that Doane shot that we ran got a real nice talking to.

I would have told the dude to kiss my ass then I would have waited for his person to load their luggage into the back, walked right up behind it, stuck my camera just close enough to get a real nice interior shot.

Like the idiot expected any different? If anything, I wouldnt be surprised if he did not catch $h! for it. I know the guy that left the hood open on the Solstice GXP that Doane shot that we ran got a real nice talking to.

You've got to understand that any engineer will drive a vehicle they don't put gas or money into anyplace, anytime everytime.

translated, engineers are some of the cheapest people you will ever meet.

I like it! It sits really nice on the suspension with little wheel space and it looks very classy from what we can see. I really think by years end Saturn will be the most talked about brand in the US.

Also though I love the Enclave I am glad GM is doing better sharing of platforms and making the products look totally different. Inside I know it will look very similar though.

Those rims just aren't doin it for me, and I noticed how low this thing sits to the ground, and the bold front bumper. Sport package maybe?

My gosh man... it is a Toyota!!! Anyone serious person would recognize this as a Toyota. Just look at the fit and finish. Man that new Toyota grill looks so cohesive with the design. Wow! Score another one for the big T!!!

Before anyone takes me seriously because there are those few that can't take a joke... I WAS ONLY KIDDING! The above referenced comments should be taken with care and cannot be used without the expressed written consent of the writer. All rights reserved... j/k

LOL! So true man.

Not bad looking-a bit reminiscent of the Rendezvous in its shape, but hopefully not as tall but still with similar, if not more, passenger and cargo room. Too bad the next VUE and Antara won't look anything like that hot concept car-instead they're stylish, but not outlandishly like the concept.

I looked at those pics again and I noticed that the exhaust is unfinished. I really think Saturn is going to do a number with their exhaust tips. Like the sky and the Opel GT have those silver tubes...well remember that the Aura sedan spy pics did not have the rear bumper or exhaust finished also?

I am really hope full about this. Also that thing looks really good after looking at it more. Many Opel styling ques are in the front and the rear.

Edited by rueben44

Very interesting. And very good pics. This really is a good size crossover... I as far as size, I see GM actually taking the lead in that regard. I predict the next Murano, Highlander, and Pilot will all grow in size, coming close to what we see here and with the Enclave. I hope that the Enclave, Acadia, and Outlook are very very different vehicles. For this to work, they need totally unique interiors and exteriors.

Not a fan of the round oversized rear parking lights.

Is it me or did they finally move the roof mounted antenna for the onstar to the rear?

Very likely. They put it there on things like the Equinox and Torrent already, but continue to do it on the front with the big ute's. So, I'm gonna say yes, since this falls under the similar category of crossover.

Exactly. I mean really, you're out in public with a car that people are itching to see. You're bound to get exposed, especially when everyone and their brother has a camera in their cellphone.

I actually had that one spyshot of the Hyundai Sonata as my background for a week or two; I got a good laugh out of the guy sticking his head out the window to yell at the photographer. The fact that the car had already been unveiled made it even funnier.

I much prefer the uni-bar look of the Aura/Sky.  Just a nice chrome strip with the logo over a grille.  Doesn't make the fornt end look as cluttered.

Maybe this is the look for the V6 version and the v8 version will have a more aggressive grill. Similiar to what they do for the Vue and Vue Redline.

Looks nice. The grille did sort of remind me of the new Camry too.

Caddycruiser.. what's with you hating the Enclave? That's one of the coolest looking vehicles from Buick in a long time. I don't see anything "melted" about it. What exactly don't you like about it?

I have faith that I'll end up liking this one more than the Enclave, if it's anything like the Sky or an Opel.

Same here, even though I originally thought it might be too blocky--I think it'll end up looking very nice and sophisticated, though, if very Opel like.

I've been catching hell for saying it on the Buick board, but the Enclave just has a few too MANY odd curves on it for me...

I like it, and like the rest of y'all said, i would have hung around long enough to have gotten some really good interior shots. And just like everyone else said, think about it, he's out in a preproduction vehicle that everyone wants to see and he's not expecting someone to want to take pictures of it? C'mon, where's common sense brain cell number one? Although I do know a great deal of engineers and they aren't exactly plentiful when it comes to common sense. And the plug at the bottom of the grille would have to be an engine block heater, although I do think its strange to see one in Phoenix, but if its a true preproduction car, it could have come from anywhere to pick the person up and wherever it was getting tested at could require the occasional use of an EBH.

I like it, and like the rest of y'all said, i would have hung around long enough to have gotten some really good interior shots.  And just like everyone else said, think about it, he's out in a preproduction vehicle that everyone wants to see and he's not expecting someone to want to take pictures of it?  C'mon, where's common sense brain cell number one?  Although I do know a great deal of engineers and they aren't exactly plentiful when it comes to common sense.  And the plug at the bottom of the grille would have to be an engine block heater, although I do think its strange to see one in Phoenix, but if its a true preproduction car, it could have come from anywhere to pick the person up and wherever it was getting tested at could require the occasional use of an EBH.

Well, they do end up conducting a lot of hot weather testing around areas like that, so it isn't that out of the ordinary.

And, by the way, he took these pics a couple days after New Year's. But, yeah, too darn bad there isn't any interior shots, because he could have even made money off of those... 8)

Not a fan of the round oversized rear parking lights.

Is it me or did they finally move the roof mounted antenna for the onstar to the rear?

those are probably fake.

And the onstar antenna is usually in the front on crossovers and suv's so that it doesn't get damaged while loading/unloading stuff on the roof

Well, they do end up conducting a lot of hot weather testing around areas like that, so it isn't that out of the ordinary.

And, by the way, he took these pics a couple days after New Year's.  But, yeah, too darn bad there isn't any interior shots, because he could have even made money off of those... 8)

Yes, we have a GM proving grounds in Mesa, AZ, and I got to see Cobalt SS, Avalanche, and Aztek long before they came out.

It looks really good - considering that it is covered up with camo. The seats (from what we can tell) look similar to the contoured leather seats in the Aurora. Those looked nice and were very comfortable.

I think it was Ah-Ha that stated that the interior will be incredible. The Aura and Sky both have great interiors - I assume that this will be class leading.

As someone has already stated - I also predict that the second generation Murano, Pilot and Highlander will all grow in size to be similar to these. If this happens (and it will with at least the Pilot) - then GM will finally be coming to the party with the right size vehicle.

GM needs to get these on the road as soon as possible. Saturn dealerships are going to have a great year starting this fall. The Sky, Aura and Outlook are going to drive some pretty strong dealer traffic.