Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Pictures of Your Past Vehicles

Cory Wolfe

Since I took pics of pics of my family's wrecked vehicles... took some of non-wrecked ones, too. :P

Again, our 00 Grand Am SE wrecked:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Our 89 Regal and 96 Grand Am SE sitting beside each other:

Posted Image

Our old 83 Plymouth Turismo and 8? Cutlass:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My cousin's 91 Firebird:

Posted Image

Posted Image

BTW, please excuse me as a baby... Those are the only pics I have of these vehicles. :P Also excuse the poor quality. I don't have a scanner as you know... So I have to take pictures of pictures with my digicam and as you also know, my digicam sucks. :D

Edited by blackviper8891

Here's my 84 Cutlass Supreme Brougham coupe, photographed at a turn-out in the American River Canyon in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada in Northern California. I actually kept it concurrently with my Regal for 5 years...to keep the miles off the Regal.

Posted Image

I loved this car. It was a lot more pleasant and nimble to drive than the larger Cutlass Supreme that preceded it.

Incidentally, Vipes, that 8-? Cutlass you show is most likely a 78 or 79. It could be an 80, but I doubt it. Also, what happened to that 89 Regal? Does your family still have it?

Incidentally, Vipes, that 8-? Cutlass you show is most likely a 78 or 79.  It could be an 80, but I doubt it.  Also, what happened to that 89 Regal?  Does your family still have it?

Yeah, I thought about that and even looked in my American Car encyclopedia (I suck at spelling), but due to the poor pics I have, I couldn't decide what year it was. Since there were more years in the 80s for that Cutlass, I just went with 80s something. :P

As for the Regal... After it hit its third deer, it got parked. Sat in our driveway for a few years afterwards. Then my uncle decided to buy it off my dad and they fixed it with junk yard parts and used a mighty fine sledge hammer to beat out dents. That was... before we had the 00 GA, I believe, so approx 6 or 7 years ago. My uncle drove it for a while, but eventually brought it back to Brookville and sold it. Every once in a while I would see it, but it's been a fews years since the last time I have.

Edited by blackviper8891

Posted Image

Here's the only pic I've been able to find of my dad's '86 Cutlass Supreme. It was a beautiful car with midnight blue paint that was destroyed in the Flood of 1993. There's a good chance I could have been driving it if it hadn't been in the flood, because we got our 1990 Lumina after that.

This was about 1989 or 1990. Yes, I had a mini-mullet back then. :lol:

*grins*

I love looking at old pictures like this!!! He he he.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I wonder if it's too late" ... Nickelback ... 'Photograph'

The car I had before my Achieva was an 88 LeBarron Coupe.. I have no pictures and I'm glad I don't since I'd rather not remember how horriable of a car it was. On the plus side it was loaded with leather and power everything, but that's the only + factor I can thing on it.

Here's the only pic I've been able to find of my dad's '86 Cutlass Supreme.  It was a beautiful car with midnight blue paint that was destroyed in the Flood of 1993.  There's a good chance I could have been driving it if it hadn't been in the flood, because we got our 1990 Lumina after that.

This was about 1989 or 1990.  Yes, I had a mini-mullet back then. :lol:

Damn it, Nick, was that you that stole the center caps missing from mine (see photo)? :P

Damn it, Nick, was that you that stole the center caps missing from mine (see photo)? :P

Lol, maybe...I was a mischievous little fellow back then. :)

On a side note, a few years ago I found the "Oldsmobile" lettering that came from the back of that Cutlass. My dad must've pulled it off as a souvenir before the car was sent to the junkyard.

Here's the only pic I've been able to find of my dad's '86 Cutlass Supreme.  It was a beautiful car with midnight blue paint that was destroyed in the Flood of 1993.  There's a good chance I could have been driving it if it hadn't been in the flood, because we got our 1990 Lumina after that.

This was about 1989 or 1990.  Yes, I had a mini-mullet back then. :lol:

You know... I just noticed that you kind of look like me when I was young. I keep looking at it and I swear it does. Haha... Weird. :D

Lol, maybe...I was a mischievous little fellow back then.  :)

On a side note, a few years ago I found the "Oldsmobile" lettering that came from the back of that Cutlass.  My dad must've pulled it off as a souvenir before the car was sent to the junkyard.

That reminds me, I still have the stand-up elblem from the 89 Regal since my dad didn't put it back on after it hit its first deer. :P

On a side note, a few years ago I found the "Oldsmobile" lettering that came from the back of that Cutlass.  My dad must've pulled it off as a souvenir before the car was sent to the junkyard.

*grins devilishly*

Right before my parents traded in their ("my") 1976 Chevrolet Monte Carlo in 1984, Dad took off all 4 hubcaps and gave 'em to me. When the dealership asked what happened to them, Dad replied that he did not know ... they had just suddenly disappeared ... he he he.

I still have those hubcaps ... sitting along one of my bedroom walls :).

Lookin' tough with my junkyard sunglasses and my failed inspection sticker.

Posted Image

Shortly after those Sears whitewalls became defective (belts shifted far enough to close some of the tread grooves)- I put fat blackwalls and 'cop caps' on the Plymouth. Looked every bit like an undercover cop car: when I first brought it to my regular junkyard haunt and walked into the office, it was strangely empty. 3-4 guys had ducked for cover thinking the feds had arrived.

Our old '79 LeSabre Limited coupe.

Posted Image

1991-2005. She's somewhere in big Buick heaven now, bragging about her youthful 65,000 miles and kickass Museum of Science and Industry stickers I put all over her roof. RIP, girl.

I'd have to scan photos of our '87 Toronado previous to that boat and the '98 Regal GS we had for two years. I also have a picture of a ca-ca brown diesel Olds my father bought new because he worked in the power generation industry and this was gonna be the next big thing. I remember one thing about it and that's that it smelled like ass.

Balthazar:

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to relive the past there's a lady in Chelmsford Mass selling a '78 Plymouth Volaire (low miles!) for chump chage.

$9995 to be exact.

You can laugh now, but I'm being 100% serious. Ask XP! :mind-blowing:

Lookin' tough with my junkyard sunglasses and my failed inspection sticker.

Posted Image

Balthy, you need to go to a casting call for a "Starsky and Hutch" remake.

That must be south/central NJ because it looks too new (not enough trees) compared to Teaneck where I went to the 4th grade before my Dad longed for the palm trees and moved us back to LA-LA-land.

You guys have all seen this car before... probably in flat black since I painted her flat black the spring after this photo was taken. It only cost me $7.00 worth of Wal*Mart paint.

I miss this old tank. I bought this 1983 (last year of Mass emissions exempt!) Pontiac Firebird for $500 wiht 180-something thousand miles.

It had a GM crate 350... truck 350. :)

Posted Image

Thsi night of the Worcester Summer Nationals I painted $700 O.B.O. on the rear window and sold her for $500. Later when the kid tok delivery of the car I installed better, nicer 25th Anniversary Camaro seats in place of the super-worn out $h!ty ones that were in it... so the price went up to $700 and he was happy as a clam.

My 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, now in Vermont

Posted Image

I'll post some others later.

>>"...'78 Plymouth Volaire (low miles!) for chump change."<<

It was a good car at the time and I have some good memories with it & in it... but no thanks.

>>"That must be south/central NJ because it looks too new..."<<

Right you are: north Mercer County NJ. It was new then, doesn't look so new anymore...

I haven't gotten over to Teaneck as of yet...

Don;t blame you... when XP told me 9995 I burst out laughing. In concourse D'Elegance condition wiht the factory plastic still on the seats and 00,003 miles on the odometer I think $995 would be realistic. This old bat must have been spending too much time watching Barett Jackson. :P

I love that shade of bronze BTW.

Posted Image

That would be my first car from high school. A '90 Dodge Spirit ES.

Gosh that was a lot of fun to drive. Turbo'ed with a 5 speed. Heh I blew the head gasket once racing some kid I went to school with. My dad said "the car smells funny," then he opened the hood... "ok there is oil all over the engine compartment" Um....whoops?

It's on a trailer in that pic because driving home from college one year, the bearings totally ceased on one wheel. The dealership said "yea youre pretty lucky, the only thing holding the wheel on was the brake assembly."

Edited by CD/BP

.....and the '90 Dodge Spirit ES was followed by a '97 Ford Explorer XLT. Not a bad car, but not a great one either. Taking it off-road was fun though. Man doesn't the front bumper look weird? Chrome sandwiched in plastic??

Posted Image

You know that sandwiched chrome is a hint of the 2007 Lincoln Navigator now...

Edited by ToniCipriani

While vacationing in my native Slovakia a Racoon, Grand Am SE, & a dark night conspired against my '87 Mercury Cougar XR7. I should have repaired her instead letting the insurance company total her out. If nothing else she wouild have made a great Demolition Derby car with only a new door.

Posted Image

Well, I found a few more. I also retook some of the pics, they're more clear now. Check them out in my first post. :P

Anyways, here's my dad's old '77 Scottsdale. Yeah... it looks horrible. I'm not sure what he was thinking by letting it go like that. Otherwise, the 350 ran great and sounded great as well, thanks to its custom exhaust. Again, though, it used to be a beautiful dark silver with light blue stripes and lots of chrome. Kind of sad... In the first pic, it's sitting where our driveway was after we burnt down an old garage that used to be there. In the second pic, it's at a campsight and those are my grandparents. Yes, she's the drinking, smoking, gambling, Nascar loving, "Super Bitch" one. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's another pic of of the Regal. Yeah, it sucks as well. You can barely see it, so I tried to highlight it. If you look closely, it has an unpainted nose because of the 2nd deer it hit. Oh... it's at my grandparent's house (the same ones above) and that's my uncle's back-hoe... And that's me sitting on the tire. :D

Posted Image

I've got to find pics of mine....

My first car was a 1987 Cavalier RS coupe....

Lots of fun to drive...not fast, but with the sunroof up and the windows down..

Would still have it had it not been rear-ended..which made it rust like crazy...

I leased a 00 S-10 with 4.3...sweet truck..really sucks in snow...

I remember getting stuck in my parents driveway during a snowstorm...and that was with bags ans snow in the back! :angry::(:lol: