Sign in to follow this  
ToniCipriani

Solstice Coupe

Here's my interpretation of a Solstice Coupe:

Posted Image

Roof from a Cayman S, Quarter Window from G6 Coupe.

hrmmm to be honnest, thats the best version of a coupe i've seen so far, the other versions were kinda ugly, but i like this...

i was telling one of my coworkers that i really hoped that they didnt f* the coupe up... but in order to know for sure you'd need to see it from the back, and a rear quarter shot...

but to nit pick... there would be a gap between the quarter window and the front door window...

looks very similar to the 350z

Edited by Newbiewar

low roof

otherwise looks nice but the thing with this car is getting a good roof height your gonna have to sacrifice looks......ill stick with the vert

I haven't changed the roof height at all. In fact it's even higher than the real Solstice with the top up.

Cool, just fix that one line that is uneven... greenhouse weather stripping.

Why would I? :)

I was thinking. If this was built, it would be nice if it's a hatch opening with the glass. This will effectively address the trunk capacity issue and pay a bit of homage to the Firebird (as it was essentially a hatch).

Hatch somewhat like this:

Posted Image

Edited by ToniCipriani

Why would I? :)

I was thinking. If this was built, it would be nice if it's a hatch opening with the glass. This will effectively address the trunk capacity issue and pay a bit of homage to the Firebird (as it was essentially a hatch).

Hatch somewhat like this:

Posted Image

that would make that a much more practical car!!!

have interior space like a corvette coupe

best chop so far on a solstice coupe but the greenhouse you end up with when u use the porsche roof just doesnt quite flow, i have seen 2 other solstice coupe chops based off a porsche and they all had the same problem

Here it is...

Posted Image

I'm thinking for this one there should be a new trim level between the base Solstice and the GXP. Two models will be available at first: GT and GXP. GXP will share the powertrain with the announced GXP variant, and the GT will have a DI version of the 2.4L which pumps out more power, or the 2.0L SIDI without the Turbo, or a lower pressured turbo.

Somewhere developing a little over 200hp should be good enough. I want the GT to be a "purer sports car" version of the base. After all adding the roof adds structure to the car, and make the ride a bit firmer.

Think of the difference between a Boxster and Cayman S. I intend this to be a Cayman S style of car without the pricetag.

And depending on feedback of sales the base model can be considered.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook