Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Your Weiner

Hey, what do you guys put on your hot dog? I don't eat too many, but when I do, I've been mixing up pineapple preserves with pickled jalapeno as a relish... YUM.

Post your hot dog toppings here, if you dare.:)

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

I like wiener when it's foot long...with jalapeño peppers, onions, hot sauce...maybe some chilli...

Wiener is best when it's sloppy... if I don't wear some evidence of what I've done when I've had wiener, I haven't done things right...

But def. peppers...the hotter the better...and yes this has sexual overtones but...I love it when I can put so much hot sauce on a wiener that I feel the earth move when it passes out the other end.

But then I love spicy food. Last Thursday I took my daughter Christina to a restaurant that has a chef who will do spicy Chinese right, he was schooled in China. I had the waiter make it as hot as the chef would let it out of the kitchen...waiter said that no one else had ever eaten it that spicy and that they wanted paid for the meal even if it was too spicy...I complained and said it wasn't spicy enough.

Chef didn't want to make it any spicier, as he didn't want to hurt me.

So the answer to your question is...hot, brutal, spicy, and something I will feel and remember at both ends.

Chris

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

absolutely nothing, though Im not opposed to wrapping it in cheese.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Sometimes nothing, sometimes onions, sometimes mustard and relish, sometimes mustard, relish, and onions, sometimes chili and cheese. I LOVE a good hot dog!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Depends on the kind of hot dog. If they have cheese in them then it is good as is. If its a plain one then I will put ketchup on it.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Now that the last PowerPoint of my academic career is finally finished, I think I'll drive up to Tommy's and get one of those awesome chili cheese dogs!! Only 4.5 hours until I give the presentation...yeah, no sleep 'til Brooklyn over here.

• Agree 1

Sometimes nothing, sometimes onions, sometimes mustard and relish, sometimes mustard, relish, and onions, sometimes chili and cheese. I LOVE a good hot dog!

Could not agree with you more...

• Agree 1

Well, this area is like weiner paradise in one way, at least. With all the German settlers, there are a lot of local weiner producers. My current lust object (sigh) : "John F. Martin & Sons Lancaster County, PA Naturally Hickory Smoked Beef Franks no poultry added"

I slash them lengthwise and stick them under the broiler. They plump up and brown beautifully, and the slash makes a convenient gutter for the excess fat, which I pour off before nestling it into a soft, fresh set of buns.

Kayem brand, either skinless or natural casing, a New England staple for over 100 years. Schonland's also has a stronghold here in the Northeast: a good dog, but they're too mild for me. Deutschmacher makes a pretty good dog as well, and their knockwurst used to be the best (especially on the grill), but they were sadly discontinued a few years back.

• Agree 1

Your Weiner what goes on it?

Depends on how skanky the girl's hole is.

Sometimes nothing, sometimes a Latex Condom.

oh.... riiiiight. *awkward silence*

-Spicy Mustard & Ketchup a must

-Bar-B-Q sauce to substitute ketchup on occasion

-Onions when fresh ones available

I LOVE a good hot dog!

I can testify to that.... every road-trip I've bee on w. you it seems you eat two gas station hot dogs per every 15 miles traveled.

Edited by Sixty8panther
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

What do I put on my weiner?

Disappointment.

Hot dogs ... well, I honestly hate them. I probably haven't eaten one since I was 7 or 8 years old.

That doesn't mean someone else can't enjoy one for me, though.

Edited by whiteknight

Chili, cheese and onions are the best. I love the ones from Wienerschnitzel.

Ugh... I like hot dogs, but rarely eat them, knowing their, uh, sordid ingredients. But Wienerschnitzel has got to be the worse dog I've ever gotten.

I love fast food, but after a few bites, the Wienerschnitzel meal I looked forward to trying was in the trash and I was across the street at Ecoli-in-a-Box.

Of course, this thread has me in the mood for my first hot dog of 2010... and it will likely be from... Five Guys! Yeah, the burger people. they cut them in half and grill them. Cheese, bacon and BBQ sauce, and its ready to go.

Ketchup or Mustard?... always Ketchup... I hate Mustard.

As far as brands, I like Hebrew National. I think in the last 6 years or so the only times I've eaten a hot dog is at the occasional baseball game...I used to go to 1/2 dozen or so Rockies games a year w/ friends, in AZ I go to the occasional Diamondbacks game (esp. if they are playing the Rockies). I like them w/ ketchup and mustard.

Hot dogs for me are like ginger ale (which I only drink on airplanes)---a food or beverage specific to a specific occasion and not part of my normal diet.

This leads to a subthread--do y'all have certain foods or beverages you only consume in certain situations, that normally in your daily meals you wouldn't eat?

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

This leads to a subthread--do y'all have certain foods or beverages you only consume in certain situations, that normally in your daily meals you wouldn't eat?

I'm with you on the airplane/ginger ale connection.

McDonald's and airports is another one.

Beef jerky and road trips.