Choppin' Competition 14 - Chevrolet Camaro Concept

Well, I've finally gotten off my lazy butt and decided to start a new comp. I got a little burned out from the comps and haven't had much free time with basketball to keep them going. Anyways...

Welcome to Choppin' Competition 14!

Your task is to chop the photo provided below in any way you want. Change the wheels, background, etc.

Please resize your entries to 768 pixels wide.

Please copy + paste the link below into your browser (clicking it will not work) and download the pic:

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/previewpage?028751

Also, I realize the angle is not necessarily the most common angle for chopping, so if lots of people object to it I will select a different pic in a more natural angle.

i can't access the pic, aparently i need to be a member or something.

Please copy + paste the link below into your browser (clicking it will not work) and download the pic:

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/previewpage?028751

:rolleyes:

I think this chop contest will (hopefully) get more enteries than the Solstice coupe concept one did. I got an idea on what I'm gonna do for this.

This should be fun...

oh wow Nos that is sick... thats right up there with my other favorite trans am camaro chop... the one with the shaker and the screamin chicken...if i knew how to do all that awesome stuff id get in on this... but ive never even tried...i dont even have photoshop

Edited by 04monteintimidator

Hello Wilde, welcome! 8)

I'll have my chop done shortly... I just started last night & am almost half done. :5thgen:

Edited by Sixty8panther

Okay, here it is as promissed:

Posted Image

In a perfect world (I know this will not happen) the Camaro owuld hit the streets fall of this year, say Sept. 29th :wink: There would be much hoop-la about the 40th Anniversary. The 2007 and 2008 models would be exactly like the concept... but in the mean time for MY2009 a minor refresh (as depicted by me) would give the 5.1 gen an even more 1969-like face and fenders.

Here's what I changed: (top to bottom)

* eliminated double-bubble roof

* deleted the ram-air style scoop, it's redundant w/ the cowl induction since air is taken in at the base of the winshield

* changed the bowtie from gold to blue, it's a car not truck!

* moved the headlights inboard like on the 1969 Camaros

* removed the blinkers from inside the grille wraparound header panel

* deleted high mounted side marker light

* replaced fat round wheel arches wiht horizontal "speed lines" ala '69

* cut down the height of the "air intake" behind the door, functional brake cooling ducts like on the Z06

* inboard blinkers that hang low in the front fascia just like on a '69

* added blinker/foglight cluster low in the corner of the bumper cover

* grahite-onyx rims

Wow... first off, since when did the chopping thread become so popular again? :blink:

8) Its nice see the participation.

Nice one camaroman, I kinda like that look. It looks more modern but is still distinctively camaro. Maybe the reverse scoop thing was taking it a little far but it adds boldness.

Thats a nice flaming chicken too NOS. lol

Sixty8, Very Retro :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by fuel_sipping

Yeah..... after not looking at it for a few hours, seeing the speed lines comming off the wheel arches look horrible. I'm still very much in favor of the inboard headlights and less pronounced rea quarter "gills". :)

Posted Image

^My entry

I:

-took out the foglights and put vents there.

-added 2 more headlights due to lack of foglights.

-rounded out the front.

-took the horizontal bar out of the grill.

-put turning lights in the side mirrors.

-removed the vents at the very bottom of the front bumper.

-removed the hole in the hood.

I call it, "Less is more."

Edited by Ravenfreak13

Cool, we've got some great entries here... can't wait for GT1750s'. :)

wow... gt that thing is sexy... there are some real good chops in here this is gunna be a close one

oh sweet lord GT that is damn sexy, it just makes me want to go sing "long cool woman in a black dress" by the hollies

"My temperature started to rise

She was a long cool woman in a black dress

Just a 5-9 beautiful tall

With just one look I was a bad mess

'Cause that long cool woman had it all"

after seeing that chop I have a feeling my camaro will be ordered in a deep black

My Pontiac Firebird conversion. Alot was done, including new front kit and firebird hood scoops, side, color, rims, the whole back panel, spoiler, racing stripes, grill, part of lights, new front vents, and couple more things. Hope you like.

Posted Image

Edited by T-O-X-I-C

toxic thats real nice... but its not a firebird... split grill please

My Pontiac Firebird conversion.  Alot was done, including new front kit and firebird hood scoops, side, color, rims, the whole back panel, spoiler, racing stripes, grill, part of lights, new front vents, and couple more things.  Hope you like.

Posted Image

wow, you got my vote.

it wasnt a split grill when i posted that... he mustve changed it... which by the way toxic... that is gorgeous... i want one... yesterday

Been working on a chop for the past few hours and still not finished yet..

Fly, Think you could keep the contest open till I submit mine.. I'll have it in by tonight. Thanks...