Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

First Drive: 2010 Lotus Evora delivers performance, civility and little concession

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Lotus, First Drive

03lotusevora2010fdopta.jpg
2010 Lotus Evora - Click above for high-res image gallery

In a move that would have impressed Harry Houdini, Lotus has made one thousand pounds of vehicle mass seemingly disappear - yet we still know it's there. We're high in the mountains above San Diego, challenging corners in the 2010 Lotus Evora, and the larger and more luxurious two-plus-two is emulating the moves of its lightweight race-ready Elise and Exige siblings.

What gives the Evora its supernatural powers? How does the all-new Evora fit into the Lotus lineup? And, most importantly, is this the first Lotus you can park in your garage without having to explain it to the neighbors? Find out after the jump.

Photos by Michael Harley / Copyright ©2010 Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading First Drive: 2010 Lotus Evora delivers performance, civility and little concession

First Drive: 2010 Lotus Evora delivers performance, civility and little concession originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 13 May 2010 11:56:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=lIscvXkgN2Q:vGRzyxnjfuw:wF9xT autoblog?i=lIscvXkgN2Q:vGRzyxnjfuw:V_sGL
lIscvXkgN2Q

View the full article

Hot. The corvette does need to be light & nimble, but any move from strictly 8cyl corvettes is a risky business, even if the performance is kept similar or even improved. Many people can't see a car for it's performance numbers, but only see the cosmetic & number of cylinders.

corvette could go midway in size between its current iteration and the size of the Evora, stuff a 5.5L next gen v8 in it, make it 3100 pounds and keep it simple and I think the Corvette would be back in business..... i would consider the car with the 'spirit' of the Evora something the Corvette should move towards.....

I would consider the car with the 'spirit' of the Evora something the Corvette should move towards.....

This. Every review I've seen of the Evora is massively impressed by how well it works when you drive hard but also how well it rides when you cruise. Corvettes tend to be able to do one or the other, especially the Z06.

The general consensus amongst the UK press seems to be that this may be the first Lotus that could be a daily driver or long-trip car without fear of it breaking down constantly.... reliablity is one quality the Corvette has excelled at for a long time.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook