Sign in to follow this  
MRDETROITMETAL

2011 SEMA Chevy Super Sport !

5 posts in this topic

As presented to GM, this is Stingraysstudios.com SEMA design for 2011, a "sneak peak" at what we consider to be a natural step in the development of the "new" Chevy Caprice.

OK, so for now only the Cops are getting a "Caprice"...but seriously, this is the same "model" (the 4 door sedan) that has been on the market Worldwide for years, both as the various Holden models & as a Chevrolet Super Sport in the Middle East markets. Now how did that happen ?...The Super Sport is a uniquely American Muscle Car "brand" !!

So, to correct the situation, Stingraysstudios.com has designed these Super Sport concepts as both 2 door Coupe & 4 door Sedan versions, for the 2011 SEMA program. Both are unmistakable Muscle Car Designs, while the Coupe is a full blown Muscle Car Concept, the Sedan is a bit more subtle,...but not by much. Each version features separate and unique design elements that identify each version as true Super Sport editions.

Most designers are a bit hesitant to display their SEMA Design Concepts prior to the actual presentation, in fear that someone may "steal" or copy the ideas,....Quite frankly,...We Hope They Do !!

:D

for more ;

http://www.stingraysstudios.com/Chevy_Rules.php

Check It Out :

post-1820-12739093363704.jpg

post-1820-12739093551459.jpg

post-1820-12739093790396.jpg

post-1820-12739093934277.jpg

Intrepidation    848

Pretty good quality chops, although the C-Pillar doesn't really go with the rest of the design of the car. I prefer the design the Coupe 60 had to begin with.

Holden_Coupe_60_Sig_2_by_Kimura_Shinjiru.jpg

Also you still need to work on the details, noticeable starting off with a high quality image (#3 looks like you had too much fun with the blur tool or applied Gaussian Blur to the whole thing), and lots of smudge lines and imperfections on the bumpers. Also in the last photo the cutouts for the tail lights are jagged, and the license plate isn't quite parallel with the deck or the bumper.

THX ...I am in contact with Bob Kern (GM SEMA Director) on these concept designs, (attached a few others here for you too)...Obviously, this is a "work in progress" project that depends upon GM to execute a proper build for SEMA. These are just my "sketches" as some were done from small images ( DF, the "Black SS"...was a Police car pix !!...lol )...and as this is slated for the 2011 show, I deliberately sent these in way ahead of time, so that we can get it right from the get go.

The "roofline" aka "C pillar" is deliberately unique, in that we are not looking to just re badge a Holden & call it an SS, plus this design has a more "USA Muscle Car" look to it, as the Holden is more "euro trash" styled, IMO....lol.

With GM's assistance we can properly due justice to the Super Sport name, present these designs at SEMA & hand it over to Chevy to follow through with production models. Otherwise my only option is to buy a used GTO, have my friends is Aussieland send me some "parts" & cobble the entire thing together in my garage !!!...I am not sure that would be "doing the SS moniker justice",...but I will do what I have to do.

I have yet to create a "final version" as I am awaiting Bob's advice before I go on to that step in the process, but I figure I am ahead of the curve for now.

...also attached a "Chevy 2" SS version....uh huh.

:gm_logo:

post-1820-12746163623354.jpg

post-1820-12746163922713.jpg

post-1820-12746164598502.jpg

post-1820-12746166606208.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this