Variance

MAZDASPEED3 to be Showcased at Geneva

11 posts in this topic

MAZDASPEED3 AND MAZDA KABURA TO BE EXHIBITED AT THE 2006 GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW

Hiroshima, Japan - Mazda Motor Corporation will showcase the world premiere of the new high-performance MAZDASPEED 3, as well as present the European debut of the Kabura concept vehicle, at the 76 th annual Geneva International Motor Show to be held from Tuesday, February 28 through Sunday, March 12, 2006.

Joining them on the Mazda stand will be a MAZDA 5 Hydrogen RE Hybrid concept vehicle powered by a RENESIS rotary dual-fuel engine – that can use hydrogen or gasoline – and an electric motor, for both outstanding eco-friendliness and Zoom-Zoom driving pleasure. The new, upgraded MAZDA 3 line up will be revealed at the Geneva Show as well.

Mazda will hold its press conference at the Mazda stand from 11:45 to 12:00 on Tuesday, February 28, 2006. Detailed information and photos will be made available at that time.

The flagship of the MAZDA 3 range, the all-new MAZDASPEED 3 will give sports-minded customers a double dose of Zoom-Zoom driving fun. MAZDASPEED 3 is the fourth model to carry the MAZDASPEED brand, following the MAZDASPEED 6 and MAZDASPEED MX-5. The car will be called Mazdaspeed Axela in Japan and, in other key regions including Europe, Australia and New Zealand, Mazda3 MPS.

Mazda looked to embody the three distinct attributes with the new vehicle: Driving Fun, Ownership Delight and Everyday User-Friendly Convenience. With its compact, lightweight body and substantial power generated by its 2.3L MZR DISI TURBO petrol engine, MAZDASPEED 3 is one of the most powerful high-performance sports compacts with front-wheel drive (FWD) on the road today.

The car’s styling pursues a look of strength and solidity in a design that conveys its unmatched dynamic performance at a glance. MAZDASPEED 3 reflects Mazda’s intention to continue delivering Zoom-Zoom in all its products.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Link: http://media.ford.com/mazda/article_displa...641&make_id=227

8)

I still stare lustfully at any Mazda3 hatch that drives by. And even though it'll push all that power to the front wheels, it'll still be a killer. The only problem I see is the price, which could climb well-over $24,000.

I hope it's available in the sedan as well, with no stupid wing, maybe just a subtle decklid lip.

I've never been in a mazda 3 or mazda 6 but (based upon looks) they're among the few japanese import that I'd own.

GM, pay close attention... Mazda is Saturn's target...

6 vs Aura, mazdaspeed6 vs Aura Redline

3 vs Astra, mazdaspeed6 vs Astra Redline

Edited by Decka

Being an '05 Mazda3 SP23 (special edition) owner, I can't wait for this car to come out. The only thing I don't like about it are the wheels. I'd rather have my SP23 wheels. Other than that though, this thing should be awesome. Like the article said, it will be FWD, not AWD which is alright with me. As long as they use an LSD I'm ok with it. It will keep the price down and more attainable. Plus, I really don't think they are wanting to go after the STI and other high power AWD cars out there. This will compete against the Cobalt SS, Caliber SRT4, etc.

A lot of the rumors I'm seeing on my Mazda3 board point to HP numbers around 250. Mine only has 160hp but it's a blast to drive. The handling is amazing. I've never owned anything but GM so this is my first non-GM car. I can say that I'll definitely be a repeat Mazda customer if they keep producing cars as good as or better as the Mazda3. I am seriously considering selling my 3 when the MSP3 comes out. If the price is right, I will definitely upgrade.

The front end looks like a minivan.

I told this to my friend and he gave me a finger.

But seriously, at those angles of the two pics, don't do justice at all. Just wait till more pics show up.

I'm kinda glad to see they are doing this model as a front-wheel-drive only. This helps keep costs / weight / complexity down. Also helps keep it from competing against it's bigger brother, the Mazdaspeed6.

-

So, it will compete with Cobalt SS, Ion Redline, the '07-'08 Sentra SE-R, and Caliber SRT...in the $22,000 range...rather than pricing it up there with the Impreza STI, Mitsu EVO, and Mazdaspeed6... in the $30,000+ area.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.