Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Ford Receives Over 3,000 Orders for 411HP F-150 Raptor 6.2

Monday, May 17, 2010

SVT's Baja-bombing Raptor pickup with the optional 6.2 liter V8 is moving like hotcakes, with 3,000 orders already in for the $41,995 truck.

The big V8, derived from those used in Ford's Super Duties, has a special cam profile to help get that little extra oomph for the Raptor. The result is 411 horsepower and 434 lb-ft of torque.

Just to remind you it's tough, the new mill was tested at both Baja and SVT Desert Base 1.

SVT chief functional engineer Kerry Baldori explains, "We spent a lot of time developing our desert durability test so that it's very close to replicating the Baja 1000. Desert testing proved to be a very quick way to learn about the reliability of the truck and it put another level of extreme loads on the engine that our normal durability testing doesn't cover."

With more torque, extreme high-heat durability, and a rock-solid bottom end, how long before someone frankensteins a Mustang Raptor together?

link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/05/ford-receives-over-3000-orders-for.html

Monday, May 17, 2010

SVT's Baja-bombing Raptor pickup with the optional 6.2 liter V8 is moving like hotcakes, with 3,000 orders already in for the $41,995 truck.

The big V8, derived from those used in Ford's Super Duties, has a special cam profile to help get that little extra oomph for the Raptor. The result is 411 horsepower and 434 lb-ft of torque.

Just to remind you it's tough, the new mill was tested at both Baja and SVT Desert Base 1.

SVT chief functional engineer Kerry Baldori explains, "We spent a lot of time developing our desert durability test so that it's very close to replicating the Baja 1000. Desert testing proved to be a very quick way to learn about the reliability of the truck and it put another level of extreme loads on the engine that our normal durability testing doesn't cover."

With more torque, extreme high-heat durability, and a rock-solid bottom end, how long before someone frankensteins a Mustang Raptor together?

link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/05/ford-receives-over-3000-orders-for.html

Well I think this shows more than anything that people want an F150 that’s not a slug. I don’t want or need a raptor but I sure would enjoy a loaded up Lariat with a 6.2. I loved the 04 F150 but when I test drove it I was extremely disappointed by the acceleration so much in fact it cost them my sale. When the 09’s came out, I once again loved the truck and thought maybe the 6sp auto would make up for the 5.4’s lack of performance.. well I was disappointed again and once more passed on the F150.

The demand is there Ford, now let us buy a regular F150 with the 6.2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook