NewsFeeder

You Thought Structural Rigidity Was An Issue Before: Seven-seat Chevy TrailBlazer cabrio

11 posts in this topic

NewsFeeder    9

Filed under: Aftermarket, Convertible, SUV, Etc., Chevrolet, GM, Specialty

4617355312a2fc8f09dcoopt.jpg
Chevrolet TrailBlazer convertible - Click above for high-res image gallery

We can't think of many convertibles that you could safely take off road or haul a trailer with (save the Jeep Wrangler with its removable roof panels, of course), but in the seemingly endless world of possibilities that exists in the land of the aftermarket, anything - anything - is possible. This, for example, is a fully stocked 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, complete with four-wheel drive, a tow package and more cowl shake than your mother's Toyota Solara. And the best part? It's for sale!

Apparently originally used in a Rose Bowl parade, this TrailBlazer convertible only has 29,500 miles and can be yours for $15,000 (or best offer). Aside from the obvious modification of removing the roof, the customizers have smoothed out the side body panels, removing the rather unattractive plastic cladding fitted to TrailBlazers of that era, and a new set of bling-tastic wheels have been added. The one big red flag, though, is that there's no folding convertible top, or even removable cover, but we're sure the aftermarket world could remedy that problem for a fee.

Have a look through the gallery below to see this one-off gem for yourself. Interested in buying? Click over to Motorz TV to get the full details. Now, if only this were an SS...

[source: Motorz TV]

You Thought Structural Rigidity Was An Issue Before: Seven-seat Chevy TrailBlazer cabrio originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 19 May 2010 13:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=lXsxFTBfxkg:a6zUmzCfjrE:wF9xT autoblog?i=lXsxFTBfxkg:a6zUmzCfjrE:V_sGL
lXsxFTBfxkg

View the full article

Camino LS6    866

Isn't a trailblazer BOF? Why would it have a lot of cowl shake?

It is, and it shouldn't (if converted properly).

Still, a very silly vehicle.

Isn't a trailblazer BOF? Why would it have a lot of cowl shake?

In 2010 automotive journalism is more of an Art than a Science.

Euphemism & ridiculous correlation are used to entertain no matter how idiotic.

• Upvote 1

gm4life    5

Actually I kind of dig it. The only problem is its most likely the sweet 4200 Vortec and with the added weight of the EXT should be a 5300 Vortec! On second thought rip the trim bits/wheels and powertrain off of a TB SS and this thing would be even sweetier. I agree it is really silly, but I kind of like it. It is a drop-top for the entire family!

Edited by gm4life

Different, in the realm of modified SUVs, it reminds me of the homebrew Grand Cherokee 'Baja' (like Subaru Baja) I saw a few years ago...someone had taken a 1st gen GC and hacked off the roof behind the rear doors..made a tiny bed in the rear cargo area. Actually looked pretty well done.

GMTruckGuy74    228

Back several years at the All-GM Nationals show in Carlisle, PA was one just like this done up by a nearby Chevy dealer. Story was that an almost new Trailblazer EXT was struck by a falling tree during a wind/rain storm and the dealer bought it from the insurance company when it was totalled. Dealer/owner decided to have his body shop cut the roof off and make it a local parade vehicle. The first year I saw it (maybe 2003?) it wasn't finished; the following year it was with custom body work to cover up the chopped top area. Like this one, it did not have a top but was awesome to look at. It too was white. I'm wondering if it was sold at some point, because I never saw it again after that last show (maybe 2004).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.