NewsFeeder

2011 Cadillac CTS and CTS-V Coupe priced at $38,990, $62,990 [*UPDATE]

12 posts in this topic

NewsFeeder    9

Filed under: Car Buying, Coupe, Performance, Cadillac, Luxury

x11cact013-630op.jpg
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe - Click above for high-res image gallery

Pricing for the Cadillac CTS Coupe and it's V-equipped sibling has been released, and the standard two-door is priced at $38,990 while the 556-horsepower, 6.2-liter V8 version reportedly comes in at $62,990.

We've contacted General Motors for confirmation and more information, so stay tuned.

*UPDATE: Pricing is confirmed and includes destination charges. First examples to be available beginning in early August. Click through to the jump for the official press release.

[source: General Motors via Jalopnik]

Continue reading 2011 Cadillac CTS and CTS-V Coupe priced at $38,990, $62,990 [*UPDATE]

2011 Cadillac CTS and CTS-V Coupe priced at $38,990, $62,990 [*UPDATE] originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 20 May 2010 15:53:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=wcQ8U4C5Vzk:62xwNe9B-8I:wF9xT autoblog?i=wcQ8U4C5Vzk:62xwNe9B-8I:V_sGL
wcQ8U4C5Vzk

View the full article

smk4565    350

Pretty much the same price as the sedan which was to be expected. I prefer the sedan in styling though, the coupe doesn't seem to work the way the G37, A5, or E-class coupe works. The CTS seems like it was meant to be a sedan, the other body styles just don't look as good.

• Downvote 5

balthazar    1,997

While I can see some polarization on the coupe, the wagon looks fantastic, maybe better than the sedan, IMO.

G37 coupe is an obvious fraternal twin to the altima coupe, and neither inspired lust.

smk4565    350

No wagon produced by any manufacturer in automotive history looked better than the sedan version. Wagons may be functional, but they don't look cool. Sedan is always better, coupes are often cooler/better looking than the sedan. This coupe however looks too much like a wedge of cheese from the side. How did Audi get it so right with the A5, and Cadillac get it so wrong.

• Downvote 3

SAmadei    224

No wagon produced by any manufacturer in automotive history looked better than the sedan version. Wagons may be functional, but they don't look cool. Sedan is always better, coupes are often cooler/better looking than the sedan. This coupe however looks too much like a wedge of cheese from the side. How did Audi get it so right with the A5, and Cadillac get it so wrong.

Sorry... calling BS on this. '91-'96 B-body wagons look better than sedans.

While not quite the same thing, the Magnums looked better than the Chargers, IMHO.

• Downvote 1

smk4565    350

While not quite the same thing, the Magnums looked better than the Chargers, IMHO.

Nope, the sedan wins.

800px-Buick_Roadmaster_Wagon.jpg

The Impala SS looks way better.

94ChevyImpalaSS150.jpg

Edited by smk4565
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Lamar    72

Now compare the Impala SS Wagon to the Impala SS sedan.

Oh, wait...

Apples to apples, SMK. Not apples to pears. There's a Roadmaster sedan that you coulda pulled out.

SAmadei    224

Nope, the sedan wins.

Paint the wagon black and put the Impala wheels on it and the wagon is more attractive, cohesive design. My B-bod stawag even had the SS grill before I got it. Theres a reason why a good number of people make phantom Impala SS wagons. In fact, I see WAY more rodded B-bod wagons than sedans.

yeah, that's really what I want to buy A B Wagon!!!

the Magnum is more of a 300 IRRC

Camino LS6    866

Sedans are the very last bodystyle I'd ever want - yuck!

Give me the wagon any day - even more true for the CTS than usual. In fact, I'd take the wagon over the CTS coupe.

balthazar    1,997

I'm with Camino WRT 'a sedan is the last bodytyle I'd want'.

IMO, the CTS Sedan & SW look equally nice, but I'd like the rarity & utility of the wagon.

Haven't seen a coupe in person yet; not sure how I'm going to judge it...

PONTIAC06    22

I have to say the CTS is damn sexy as a sedan, but the wagon is just absolutely gorgeous, and even though I haven't seen the coupe in person, I think it makes the sedan look down right frumpy...but that's just me...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.