Sign in to follow this  
04monteintimidator

New Trans Am 2.0

13 posts in this topic

sorry this took so long... but ive been tooling aorund with different things for awhile now trying to improve and change the previous one i posted... this one is alot more modern and alot less retro... it does have some WS6 throwbacks... but i doubt anyone will be complaining about that since the WS6 was beautiful...

Posted Image

hope this one is better received than the previous... but if not... im just gunna give up on it because this was seriously the best combo of sleek and muscular i could come up with

EDIT: smoothed the rear... changed the headlights to C6ish style... put in a side mirror...

EDIT 2: moved the front tire forward... tried to fix perspective problems with the tires... dont know if it worked or not... shortened the rear... changed the spoiler to the WS6 style one... cleaned up the lines so they arent as heavy... completely got rid of the boxy rear

Posted Image

Edited by 04monteintimidator

I like the front end but the headlights seem a bit weak IMO. the rear looks tacked on and I'm thinking of a mid engined car it reminds me of but it's not comming to mind. You have some skills with the pencil so I wouldn't say to "Give up on it" because I can't draw $h!.

My recomendations:

- Smooth out the rear so it flows with the body more

- More aggessive headlights (maybe a style like the solstice stye)

the firebird has always had more of a cokebottle look to it, but i think this needs some smoothing out...

more front wheel flare... and i agree more agressive headlamps...

try to make it look like a hawk, i think the 98-02 ws6 did that perfect... with the eyes and nostrils.

YES!!! so its not all bad!!! okay yeah ill definitely do those changes you guys suggested... it may take me a while tho... ive been kinda busy lately... but ill try to get it up ASAP

YES!!! so its not all bad!!! okay yeah ill definitely do those changes you guys suggested... it may take me a while tho... ive been kinda busy lately... but ill try to get it up ASAP

you should be honnored i generally dont make any suggestions on vehicles that look hopeless...

oh nice... i am honored then... yeah about the rear end... i did that sharp contrast just as like a radical new idea... i had figured on havin to smooth that anyway... but it just happened when i was drawing and i figured i may as well check out how you guys reacted... and also... i was able to fix that stuff real fast just now... so expect me to post the newer version pretty soon...i went with C6ish headlamps... if i have to change them again thats fine but i went with those on an impulse

I'm thinking of a mid engined car it reminds me of but it's not comming to mind.

maybe the chrysler firepower? thats where i got the sharp contrast in rear fender-well and body from...

Normally overhangs don't bother me, but your front one is way too long. Try moving the front wheels further up so the car looks a little more balanced. Also, like Enzora said, there are too many themes going on at once...but you have a nice start and some good linework.

Well... It's better, but I don't think that's really saying much. You still can't quite get it to look sleek nor sexy. I'm not sure what exactly to suggest. For one, the greenhouse is entirely too blocky and straight-lined. Same with the body and the rear. That spoiler needs to go. I would also suggest moving the front wheel forward. The front overhang is atrocious and it looks FWD. Also, your 3D proportions are off, which doesn't help. That fender line doesn't look right nor does the rear door line, which looks flat. The rear doesn't either and also looks flat. Another thing that looks off is how the body sits on the wheels. Otherwise, the design isn't bad.

If I may, I'd suggest studying this Firehawk:

Posted Image

Anyways, I'm in the same boat as Newbiewar. I'm just trying to be nice and help, which means being honest. I see potential, you just need to capitalize on it.

the front overhang just looks real long because of the perspective... i used a picture of a WS6 to get the perspective right... and the overhang looks just as huge in that picture... as far as the different themes... i dont really see it... could you point out specific points that clash or look weird

EDIT: just read BVs post... it looks like alot of the problems are just with my perspective... which i knew was off... im gunna work on it... but the fact that BV liked the design idea... really means alot... cuz i know how picky you are about pontiacs... being hell's pontiac fan and all...

Edited by 04monteintimidator

It looks good, just a little too "super car-ish", if you will. I can't really put my finger on exactly what it is though, maybe the back is a little too long, can somebody help me out?

EDIT: spelling

Edited by corvette_dude729

The second one is excellent, except I think the rear should be smoother to go along with the smooth front. The very back is still alittle blocky. I also think it'd look better if the back wasn't so long. Try to shorten it up abit.

Edited by -Camaro-

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this