NewsFeeder

World's first motorcycle hearse? [w/video]

Filed under: Aftermarket, Concept Cars

Motorcycle hearse
Motorcycle Hearse - Click above to watch video after the jump

Given the level of dedication we've seen from the dead when it comes to their motorcycles, it comes as no surprise that somebody has given one the Munsters treatment and created the world's first motorcycle hearse. Built in Auckland, New Zealand by an automotive engineer, the bike can carry up to 440 lbs in an underbelly cradle. Push a button and the rig slides out to let the pallbearers do their thing. A complex system of hydraulics helps stabilize everything, and two riders are needed to get the deceased from place to place.

Power comes courtesy of a 1,350 cc Harley-Davidson engine, and the motorcycle hearse's inventor, Mike Price, says that he originally wanted to partner with them on the project. Harley wanted Price to sign a lengthy contract before they'd even look at his design, however, so he politely told them where they could stick that dotted line and built the bike himself after work. Are there classier ways to get to your final resting place? Sure, but few are any cooler. Hit the jump for a check out a few videos.

[source: Papakura Courier,
]

Continue reading World's first motorcycle hearse? [w/video]

World's first motorcycle hearse? [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 22 May 2010 20:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=B4Wgtiv_inE:75rVrU8Iezg:wF9xT autoblog?i=B4Wgtiv_inE:75rVrU8Iezg:V_sGL
B4Wgtiv_inE

View the full article

Why not?

I want to be cremated & have some of my ashes run through some really cool motor.

my top three contenders used to be'

- 1969 Camaro ZL-1

- 1930s Cadillac's OHV 452 V16

- 1930s Duesenberg SJ's Supercharged Lycoming i8

But lately I've been thinking Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird but since there might not ever be another SR-71 flight I'll gladly settle for a Messerschmitt Bf.109-E or Bf.109-G's Daimler-Benz inverted V-12. (any of the 601, 603 or 605 are all fine with me)

Motorcycle Hearse well thats just assinine.

Hell is freezing over... RjION has posted something I agree on.

Whats more shocking, is that when it comes to one-off crazy ideas... I usually like them... Hot Rodded 18th century hearses... Art cars... Cycle with a 350 V8...

...but this idea is not working on me... either in concept or execution.

Hell is freezing over... RjION has posted something I agree on.

Whats more shocking, is that when it comes to one-off crazy ideas... I usually like them... Hot Rodded 18th century hearses... Art cars... Cycle with a 350 V8...

...but this idea is not working on me... either in concept or execution.

Things are going down hill fast if anyone on this site agrees with me.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook