Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

AS-SIPPING BMW 320D RUNS 1,013 MILES ON SINGLE TANK

5 posts in this topic

AS-SIPPING BMW 320D RUNS 1,013 MILES ON SINGLE TANK

-2By Andrew Ganz

BMW teamed up with UK automotive journalist and TV personality Tom Ford to see just how far the German automaker’s new 320d EfficientDynamics could run on a single tank of gas during “normal” driving. The answer: 1,013 miles.

“I was prepared for this car to fail in the real world. I was wrong,” Ford said in a statement released by BMW. “Although I did try and be careful and drive in a feather-footed manner, I did cruise at a reasonable 65ish mph on the autoroutes and autobahns, so faster than the usual economy run pace.”

Ford started at the English Channel Tunnel and drove to Munich before turning around and making it as far as Lille, France, before sputtering out of fuel.

“Think about it in the context of everyday motoring: comfortably more than 1,000 miles on one tank of diesel means just 12 fills a year for the average motorist – and even driven normally I still think you’re looking at 750-800 miles per fill,” Ford said.

Ford achieved a total of 75.9 mpg Imperial during the trip – about 63.2 mpg when converted to U.S. gallons – while traveling an average speed of 59.3 mph. The 320d, BMW’s most efficient sedan, is rated at 68.9 mpg Imperial combined thanks to a combination of fuel sipping modifications like auto start/stop, brake regeneration and electric power steering, as well as a unique transmission ratio, aerodynamic wheels and Michelin EnergySaver tires.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/gas-sipping-bmw-320d-runs-1013-miles-on-single-tank.html

loki    287

miles isn't something to really brag about... could just make a car with an f'n huge tank. lol

loki    287

I think part of the point is that this is a fairly standard size tank and it still has a 1,000 mile range.

oh i know... but check the trunk! "omg, there's a dead hooker in this trunk" hehe, love that movie.