Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Grandma, Late For Hair Appointment, Nabbed For 102 In A 45

Grandma, Late For Hair Appointment, Nabbed For 102 In A 45

72-year-old Sandra Powell was caught in her tan Buick going 102 in a 45 mph zone. According to the report, Ms. Powell was less upset about being stopped and arrested, than being late for her hair appointment. Video below.

The link or click the lower right button "watch on You Tube"

&feature=player_embedded

Well it's a Bonneville underneath...

:roflmao: That is true. It is funny how something so sedate moves like that. That LeSabre was really moving. I guess the police better get used to that because you will see Regals moving like that. They will have to start looking twice at Buicks...

She NEEDS to do something with that hair ASAP, that's for sure. :o

I did well over 100mph in my1st car several times, an anemic 1994 Pontiac Sunbird with the 110hp 2.0 liter ohv4.

And I've driven enough 3800 powered big Sedans to testify that 100mph is not even breaking a sweat for a N/A 3.8 powered 2000-something Impala, LeSabre or Bonneville.

When you need your herr did... you cain't be late.:)

She NEEDS to do something with that hair ASAP, that's for sure. :o

I did well over 100mph in my1st car several times, an anemic 1994 Pontiac Sunbird with the 110hp 2.0 liter ohv4.

And I've driven enough 3800 powered big Sedans to testify that 100mph is not even breaking a sweat for a N/A 3.8 powered 2000-something Impala, LeSabre or Bonneville.

yeah. it'd be turning what... maybe 2600, 2700 rpm going that fast? isn't 3K or so the 4th gear red line for those transmissions?

you have a 4 speed in that sunbird? 110hp i show much i had in my 83 buick supposedly, but with a 3speed. redline 2nd was at 65mph. my Monte redlines at 80 in 2nd...3.1L

As soon as I saw "grandma late for hair appointment" I instantly thought Buick, and sure enough, it's a Buick.

I believe the top speed of a V6 W-body (or epsilon 1 sedan) is 112 mph; they have electronic limiters. The Intrigue might have had a top speed of 118 mph, I seem to remember with the 3.5 it had a higher top speed than the Buicks or Chevys.

Soooo, what is the age where you can just do as you want, and nobody can really punish you anymore?

I guess once I'm 80, I'm registering the car in the kid's name, burning my license and going to raise hell! ;-)

I believe the top speed of a V6 W-body (or epsilon 1 sedan) is 112 mph; they have electronic limiters. The Intrigue might have had a top speed of 118 mph, I seem to remember with the 3.5 it had a higher top speed than the Buicks or Chevys.

I read somewhere that the Intrigue with the Autobahn package is rated for 128 before the governor kicks in. I haven't gotten around to testing it, though I do know that mine turns just a little over 2000 at 85. :smilewide:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook