Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

New Video for 2011 Chevrolet Silverado Shows Off Frame and Powertrain Improvements

New Video for 2011 Chevrolet Silverado Shows Off Frame and Powertrain Improvements

Posted by Mike Levine | May 24, 2010

Last week, we looked at GMC's new promotional video clip for the 2011 Sierra Heavy Duty pickup. Some commenters questioned the value of showing an intricate basketball shot instead of the truck's towing and hauling capabilities. In response, we present the other side of the GM HD coin.

Here's Chevrolet's preview footage of the 2011 Silverado HD. The Bow Tie truck team virtually tears down the Silverado on the fly, so you can see how all of its bits and pieces give it best-in-segment power and class-leading work capabilities in most configurations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zwHWrxmvNk&feature=player_embedded

link:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/05/new-video-for-2011-chevrolet-silverado-shows-off-frame-and-powertrain-improvements.html

THAT may very well be the most awesome vehicle commercial I have ever seen.

Gives you SFX and hardcore info.

The attention-2-detail is nice: cool 'whipwhipwhip' of the studs in the airflow when the tire & rim disappear.

I love it!

Good video. I wonder how many human hours, coffee and sweat were expended to make such a piece.

I like this commercial a lot, especially because of the lack of an announcer and lousy music - GM decided to let the truck speak for itself. They should do more commercials like this, and let the cars do the talking.

Good video. I wonder how many human hours, coffee and sweat were expended to make such a piece.

Not as many as you think. The GM team uses Autodesk Inventor, a quick export to Autodesk 3ds Max would render a majority of the truck. As an aside, 3ds Max is what was used to create Avatar.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook