Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

TOYOTA TO SHIFT MORE HIGHLANDER PRODUCTION TO U.S.

2 posts in this topic

TOYOTA TO SHIFT MORE HIGHLANDER PRODUCTION TO U.S.

By Andrew Ganz

Toyota says that it plans to increase production of its Highlander at its Princeton, Indiana, assembly plant for the North American market while reducing Highlander production in Japan in order to insulate itself from currency instability.

The plan is part of Toyota’s widespread global effort to localize production in its major markets to cut costs and improve efficiency.

So far this year, about 17 percent of all Highlanders sold in North America have been imported from the automaker’s Kuyshu, Japan, assembly plant, while the remaining 83 percent were assembled by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana.

The automaker now says that all non-hybrid Highlanders sold in North America will come from the Indiana plant. The automaker will continue to build Highlanders in Kyushu for other markets.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-to-shift-more-highlander-production-to-u-s.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My father drives a Highlander...all I can say is...this is horrible news....I dislike the Highlander and wish they'd just stop making that steaming pile....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this