A SWARM OF JUNE BUGS (and Crickets, and Spyders, et al)

I saw 2 Dodge Journeys, which is 2 more than I thought they sold.

Journey is one of the bright spots of the Dodge lineup right now. They're all over the place here.

Oh yea, my neighbor up the street with the X5 and X3 traded the X3 in on a new SRX. Should I go knock on his door and argue with him about why he traded in a vehicle with the engine oriented the "proper" way for one that was in sideways?..... or should I just be happy that Cadillac made a sale at the expense of BMW?

I have never seen a Lexus HS250h on the road before, and then today I see two of them. I also saw a Hyundai Genesis sedan. It had a winged badge in the middle of the trunk instead of the "H" emblem. Apparently the winged badge is used in Korea and some other markets.

A rather ghostly image....a hearse from a dead brand.

Help me out with the year? I'm not good at my '70s Pontiacs

1973. Actually reminds me of one of the cars from the Poncho mailing list.

I seriously want a hearse... but I'd prefer a '67-'68 Pontiac Superior one.

Yup, that's the front clip from my first car, except mine was a '73 Catalina, it had a different grille mesh.

1973 is not one of my favorite years for the big Ponchos... however, I have something you'll LOL at. I have a 1:16th scale (roughly) 1973 Pontiac Catalina Coupe... riding on 22s. I bought it because I was absolutely stunned that ANYBODY would make a toy in the shape of a '73.

I'll take a few pictures for you.

well its been a busy month for me but i got pics i will maybe load them later but i have seen a big 10 chevy, 427-r mustang on a car hauler full of buicks toyotas and other apliance cars, a mustang II in very good shape..., early 70's gmc stepside, a 70's fomoco wagon with woodgrain and puke green paint. gt-r, a marauder. and i am sure i left some others out.

edit

downsize-24.jpg

downsize-26.jpg

downsize-25.jpg

0608101758.jpg

Edited by cletus8269

well its been a busy month for me but i got pics i will maybe load them later but i have seen a big 10 chevy, 427-r mustang on a car hauler full of buicks toyotas and other apliance cars, a mustang II in very good shape..., early 70's gmc stepside, a 70's fomoco wagon with woodgrain and puke green paint. gt-r, a marauder. and i am sure i left some others out.

0608101758.jpg

It's the Chevy Chase Wagon Queen Family Truckster, or a replica. What's it doing in a parking garage?

It's the Chevy Chase Wagon Queen Family Truckster, or a replica. What's it doing in a parking garage?

Yeah, the car from 'Vacation'...the original (or a replica) was sold at an auction in the last year or two, IIRC.

Yeah, the car from 'Vacation'...the original (or a replica) was sold at an auction in the last year or two, IIRC.

Not only that, but someone recently built another one.

I recently caught this sweet early '70s Camaro. With exception of the trunklid, the rest of the body and paint really popped.

post-4086-12773530455496.jpg

Unfortunately, it looks like the Camaro is being menaced but a gigantic binder clip. I really need to keep that stuff outta the car if I'm snapping photos. I couldn't get a good shot of the front.

Also, OcnBlu, I have some (lousy, but passable) photos of the remote controlled '73 Pontiac... but I'll put them in the GM Merchandise Lookout forum...

New '11 Ford Super Duty at a gas pump. Chromie chrome chrome.

IMG_6807-2.jpg

My uncle just factory ordered up a brand new '11 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Crew Cab Diesel with every single option (Red/Tan two tone exterior), MSRP of 79'000$ CAD. This is just a year after my aunt ordered and received a new Red with Red and Black leather 2010 Fusion Sport 3.5L AWD with all the options but NAV.

:yikes:

M6 convertible at a red light, with PA tags, on my way home Friday. HOT.

IMG_6807-4.jpg

Also this classic 'Burban of sorts, I see everyday, but never thought to snap until Friday.

IMG_5249-1.jpg

And this new black Mustang 'vert, in just the right trim...

IMG_6807-3.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

Had to get out of the house & go SOMEWHERE late yesterday afternoon, so drove to Salisbury and the new Subaru dealer inhabiting what used to be our only lower Delmarva Saturn store.

Of course, checked out the Outbacks. One color & trim in particular really caught my eye...yes, I said that...an '11 Carmel Bronze Outback Limited.

IMG_6807-5.jpg

IMG_5249-2.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

The salesguy, a few minutes from close, didn't seem to know why I liked it so much either, but I just do. An actual color. And a car I'm a huge fan of...

Edited by caddycruiser

A Mitsubishi MiEV - in the parking lot at a Home Depot. Was really confused at first because I thought it was a Tata Nano...

MiEV

mitsubishi-i-miev-1-big.jpg

Nano

tata-nano-1.jpg

This thing is only on sale in Japan so far, AFAIK. It had regular plates on it though. It was right-hand-drive, so somebody probably imported this thing themselves.

so... going to my new job's orientation today...30 miles south or so, I saw an old econoline(i think) made into a crewcab truck, basically, and on the way home say a blazer with a conversion van roof extension on top of it.