Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Is GM bringing back the Chevrolet Camaro Z/28?

Is GM bringing back the Chevrolet Camaro Z/28?

08:31 AM

Is General Motors going to resurrect the fabled Chevrolet Camaro Z/28? It's an open secret, says Motor Trend.

The magazine just scored a scoop: GM Vice President Karl Strake, in charge of global engineering, didn't flinch when the possibility of a new Z/28 was broached. In a blog posting, Motor Trend thinks it has a hard confirmation, at least short of an official announcement. It calls Strake's confirmation more grist for what has been "something of an open secret."

How would it look and perform? Maybe that Camaro pace car from the Indianapolis 500, above, would provide a clue. And is it a good idea?:

Makes sense. GM brought back the Chevrolet fun car but so far hasn't started a cascade of increasingly wild special editions. Z/28 would have tons of muscle-car follows.

Not exactly breaking news -- while GM has yet to officially confirm it, the Z/28's resurrection is something of an open secret -- but Stracke's casual bomb dropping set the tone for the rest of his visit.

link:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2010/06/is-gm-bringing-back-the-chevrolet-camaro-z28/1

GM has a lot of things going on the Camaro present Zeta and future Alpha.

The Camaro Disiples are to meet again very soon and GM has continued to work with them. I was not given any direct info but I was told we may have a lot to look forward too.

I was left with the impression that changes to the interior may only be the tip of the iceberg.

I just wish they could spill the beans. I hate being in the same room with someone who knows and can't talk.

The Z/28 has been an "open secret" for a very long time, I just wonder if it is the same Z/28 some of us have known about since the beginning of that "long time".

I suspect that it could be a bit different... or not.

They have the engine, I'm sure they could drop a 500-550 hp V8 into the Camaro and jack the price up a lot. It is an easy way to make profit. They might as well do it now, before GM neuters everything in the name of CAFE. The next Camaro will likely have a 4-cylinder as the base engine, there is even talk that the CTS will go to a 4 cylinder with the V6 as an option. It will be a sad day when a mid-range Cadillac has a 4-cylinder engine, if that is GM's top tier product, what will the lower end stuff have.

They have the engine, I'm sure they could drop a 500-550 hp V8 into the Camaro and jack the price up a lot. It is an easy way to make profit. They might as well do it now, before GM neuters everything in the name of CAFE. The next Camaro will likely have a 4-cylinder as the base engine, there is even talk that the CTS will go to a 4 cylinder with the V6 as an option. It will be a sad day when a mid-range Cadillac has a 4-cylinder engine, if that is GM's top tier product, what will the lower end stuff have.

BMW already has 4 cylinder 5 series, so do A6 and E-class.

There will be some major changes coming with the Alpha. It will be interesting how the public accepts them.

I think we will see similar power but smaller everything else.

Even with 70% of the market today being 4 cyliners will they accpet a smaller Camaro with a 4 Cylinder? If we have a V8 option I expect the price to jump and make it much harder to buy.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook