Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

Ford Mustang sales top Chevrolet Camaro in May

Filed under: Car Buying, Convertible, Coupe, Budget, Performance, Chevrolet, Ford, GM, Earnings/Financials

camaro-mustang.jpg

Ford seems to have found the special ingredients it needed for the Mustang to spank the Chevrolet Camaro in sales. Thanks to a heap of power from a range of efficient new engines, the Blue Oval's pony car managed to top the Bow Tie's bruiser in sales for the first time since the Camaro sauntered back onto the market last year. Last month, Ford managed to move 10,225 Mustangs off of dealer lots and into the hands of the power-crazed public. Chevrolet, on the other hand, saw only 8,931 Camaros drive off into the sunset.

While the Mustang tended to rank higher in comparisons against the Camaro even before the new engines hit the scene for 2011, American buyers responded to the big power numbers and menacing style of the General Motors muscle car. Now that the Ford is cranking out slightly more grunt and marginally better fuel economy, Chevrolet may find itself playing catch up for the rest of the year. Not to worry, Bow Tie fans. It won't be long before GM's spicing up the Camaro lineup with the likes of a drop-top and the oft-rumored Z/28 may still be in the cards, too.

Ford Mustang sales top Chevrolet Camaro in May originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 02 Jun 2010 12:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=YEp4E-YeNpc:CkgqYQRab9Q:wF9xT autoblog?i=YEp4E-YeNpc:CkgqYQRab9Q:V_sGL
YEp4E-YeNpc

View the full article

Looks like the Mustang is back on top for the month of May. Ford sold 10,225 Mustangs to Chev. Camaro 8931. I think the drop top and the Z28 will help sales,but have to say that the Mustangs engine choices cannot hurt their sales. That 5.0 is strong

my guess is the deep discounts on 010 mustangs are responsible. mustang, on the cheap. comparatively the mustang for 010 is like what, 5-8 grand across the board cheaper. couple that with a nicer interior and ford's usual advertising blitzes in local ads means mustang is still high profile.

i LOVE the camaro, but last week when i prowled a lot there was a couple 010 mustang Gt's with stone leather and black interior and it just looked so high buck.

i probably would love a 2011 v6 or GT, but the dang camaro is so sexy....WHY DO THEY MAKE THIS SO HARD?

my guess is the deep discounts on 010 mustangs are responsible. mustang, on the cheap. comparatively the mustang for 010 is like what, 5-8 grand across the board cheaper. couple that with a nicer interior and ford's usual advertising blitzes in local ads means mustang is still high profile.

i LOVE the camaro, but last week when i prowled a lot there was a couple 010 mustang Gt's with stone leather and black interior and it just looked so high buck.

i probably would love a 2011 v6 or GT, but the dang camaro is so sexy....WHY DO THEY MAKE THIS SO HARD?

I think last months comparison test in Car+Driver where the V8 and V6 Mustang won over the V8 and V6 Camaro may of helped the Mustang sales.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook