Lexus struggles in Japan against

andy82471

lots of Americans are not capable of independent thinking, and Lexus more than any other brand cultivates a legion of followers based upon marketing and little else.

I parked next to a new Lexus GS the other day that had a dark colored interior.  People rip the STS for a cheap interior...the interior of that Lexus looked horrifically cheap to me actually.  Very crappy looking plastic.

Reg knocks another one into the "you've GOTTA be fooling yourself" ballpark.....

:blink:

:stupid:

Sure....Lexus did it all with marketing.....never mind the quality control, fit-and-finish, german-like styling (original LS, etc...) for $35K, sumptuous interiors, super-refined engines and trannys, yadda, yadda......

AND you think the GS interior looks cheap compared to an STS?

MAN you really are out on left field, Reg.....

EVERY single thing you touch inside the new GS is of top-notch quality.....every knob, every button, every piece of wood, every piece of plastic...even the plastic that's tucked way underneath the dash or on the lower part of the console.

I'm no big fan of the GS, but the interior IS fashioned to a top level of quality and fit....

Not the GS, but still...

Posted Image

... it's baby brother, the IS, is pretty horrid.

I'm aware that you're no fan of Lexus, but referring to the IS' interior as "horrid" is nothing short of a joke. These are real-life images taken straight from eBay.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm aware that you're no fan of Lexus, but referring to the IS' interior as "horrid" is nothing short of a joke.  These are real-life images taken straight from eBay. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Okay, not the whole interior, but some of the details are horrid, namely the generic switchgear used that have nothing in common with the rest of the interior. Yeah, yeah, the quality is fine.

The only Lexus interior that doesn't look "off" is the new ES's, IMO.