Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

Spy Shots: Cover lifted on 2011 Dodge Charger

Filed under: Spy Photos, Sedan, Dodge

charger.face2.kgp.edopt.jpg
2011 Dodge Charger spy shots - Click above for high-res image gallery

We've seen plenty of spy shots showing heavily cloaked prototypes of the 2011 Dodge Charger before, but our spy photographers just found the holy grail. Who knows how it happened, but the cover on this Charger prototype (we're guessing it's an R/T model) got flipped back to reveal the redesigned sedan's new snout for the first time and our spies snapped the hell out of it.

The Charger's new look will apparently be an evolution more than a revolution, with the current sedan's squared off front end and angry expression receiving several tweaks. The grille, for instance, appears slightly taller and juts out farther creating a schnoz not unlike what you'll find on the front end of a Mitsubishi Lancer (not a fan of the faux chrome, though). The Charger's headlights always made the car look pissed off, but the new model appears to be in an even worse mood with a more aggressive scowl. The hood is definitely more chiseled as well, with what appears to be two recesses stamped in on either side of a center spine. Finally, the lower bumper receives new fog lamps and a larger lower air intake.

charger.rambadge.kgp.edopt.jpgThere were rumors that Dodge passenger vehicles would soon be sporting new badges that ditched the horned ram, in light of Ram trucks being spun off as its own brand. This prototype, however, is wearing a traditional Dodge badge with the hooved mammal's head in relief like always. That doesn't mean the brand couldn't swap out badges at the last minute, but if that's their plan, there's no evidence here.

[source: KGP Photography]

Spy Shots: Cover lifted on 2011 Dodge Charger originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:52:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=y0tWPVtT3kY:Y_eqzYSTaCg:wF9xT autoblog?i=y0tWPVtT3kY:Y_eqzYSTaCg:V_sGL
y0tWPVtT3kY

View the full article

No lily-livered sapsucker there, whoa.:)

>>"not a fan of the faux chrome, though"<<

What the hell does this mean ??

Was he expected chromed steel ??

Charger looks great in those pics.

I can't wait to see the rest of it. Nice to see that this car still refuses to blend in with the crowd.

Dig the wheels too, especially if they come in silver.

Looks good so far. The new front end is a nice evolution of the current car; it takes the current front end treatment and makes it sharper and more refined. I also like the somewhat squared off headlight elements; they are a nice retro looking touch. I can't wait to see the rest of the car.

I also like the chrome treatment on the crosshair grille. I think it adds the appropriate amount of character and bling to the front end.

I like what I see.

I do have one complaint... but I have this complaint with nearly every new vehicle that is released, so it's not worth anything. I absolutely hate the design of the headlight innards.

Edited by blackviper8891

I opened this thread expecting disappointment.

i has none.

Oooo...me likey. Looks even more pissed!

Yes, it looks aggressive, pissed off & yet still clean,not awkward like the new Hyundai Sonata & so many other cars.

In fact, from what I can see it's better looking than the slightly pedestrian looking new E-class Benz sedan.

The snout looks good, but the rest iof the car will tell the tale for me. The nose of the current car is the only part I like.