Sign in to follow this  
sciguy_0504

2008 Freestyle rendering

21 posts in this topic

Guest YellowJacket894

After the Edge, what's the point.

Well, I guess they need something to fill the gap of the soon-to-die Freestar.

I wish the Galaxy were coming! The Fairlane sounds nice, but there's a market for the Freestyle-the Edge on the Build and Price site is too overpriced, and its cargo space is equivalent to its truest rival, the Chevrolet Equinox.

Hold on. I thought the Fairlane got the boot?

No, the Fairlane and a Lincoln companion will be produced at the Oakville, Ontario plant. However, it will use the larger D3 platform instead of the CD3 platform as used by the concept.

After the Edge, what's the point.

Well, I guess they need something to fill the gap of the soon-to-die Freestar.

the POINT is 3 rows vs. 2. The edge is a personal crossover...the freestyle is a family crossover.

Edited by regfootball

This is an improvement on the super-bland Freestyle they're selling today...

No, the Edge is more like the Chevrolet Equinox-a short-tail, long-wheelbase mid-size crossover SUV wagon that only seats 5 passengers, as the Pilot seats up to 8 via a interior with far more passenger and cargo room than Edge or Equinox. I like the new front end rendering than the current one on Freestyle, but it really doesn't do much.

Marketshare falling? Sales of trucks and SUV's slowing? Gas prices rising?

Here at Ford of North America, we believe that instead of developing proper cars, we can create more crossovers and SUV's to sell. We don't really understand this ploy either, but we are sure it will work.

Marketshare falling? Sales of trucks and SUV's slowing? Gas prices rising?

Here at Ford of North America, we believe that instead of developing proper cars, we can create more crossovers and SUV's to sell. We don't really understand this ploy either, but  we are sure it will work.

Considering the Freestyle gets nearly 20/27 fuel economy, I think your attempted slam at Ford is retarded. The FWD Freestyle gets better mileage than the FWD Equinox.

the latest updates are that the fairlane will be out in a year or two as a production concept.

the freestyle will still be made until at least then. but expect the facelift in another year along with the 500s.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this