Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

Don't fret: Lexus LFA not sold out, more allocated to U.S.

4 posts in this topic

NewsFeeder    9

Filed under: Car Buying, Coupe, Performance, Lexus

lexuslfafd18-630op.jpg
Lexus LFA - Click above for high-res image gallery

The recent rash of reports about the Lexus LFA being sold out appears to have been a bit premature.

Production of the LFA begins this December and Toyota intends to produce a total of 500 units which will be sold through an unorthodox leasing procedure. The process involves putting money down, signing a non-transferable lease for 24 months and then having the option to purchase the 552-horsepower supercoupe once the two-year term comes to a close. As reported previously, the leasing system is an attempt to thwart speculators who would undoubtedly purchase an LFA and then flip it for a profit on the exotic market.

As for selling out, Lexus officials have said that the number of interested parties has exceeded the total 500-unit run, but as always, interest is different than intent, and a few more slots for U.S. buyers still remain. Additionally, the original cap of 150 LFA's slated for Stateside consumption has increased by 21 units for a total of 171, although it's unclear where those additional LFAs are coming from.

Don't fret: Lexus LFA not sold out, more allocated to U.S. originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 04 Jun 2010 19:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=eH1zDfvD2Ns:yr2pR_m_Ld4:wF9xT autoblog?i=eH1zDfvD2Ns:yr2pR_m_Ld4:V_sGL
eH1zDfvD2Ns

View the full article

balthazar    2,004

I thought it was weird- the commercial for this sculpted ugly has been running at a furious pace.

More toyoyo spin WRT 'leased out', it seems.

fightingbee    2

Wow, I guess they aren't taking the camo off until it hits the showroom floor.

Wait, that's the actual nose and lights?

:puke:

I do have to give them a little credit for the creative anti-flipping attempt though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this