NewsFeeder

Taiwan's Luxgen unveils high-tech new crossover

6 posts in this topic

NewsFeeder    9

Filed under: SUV, China, Crossover

luxgen7taiwan.jpg
2011 Luxgen7 SUV - Click above for high-res image gallery

First came the Luxgen7 MPV, now comes the Luxgen7 SUV from Taiwan's first passenger carmaker. The Luxgen7 SUV is as wide as a Mercedes-Benz M-Class, but about about a half-inch longer, and touted as having the "largest exterior dimensions in its segment" and a "coupe-like profile" (*ahem*).

Styling aside, its most compelling attributes might be the Think+ infotainment system and a host of features seemingly cribbed from a Mercedes order book, including optional night vision, blind-spot monitoring, and a lane departure warning system. On thing the Three-Pointed Star doesn't have, though: an anti-theft system that automatically slides the driver's seat forward and leans it against the steering wheel to thwart would-be thieves. Take that!

The Luxgen7 SUV ranges in price from NTD 838,000 ($25,831 U.S.) to NTD 1,148,000 ($35,386 U.S.). You can read all about it in the presser after the jump, and have a few looks at it in the gallery of high-res photos below.

Gallery: Luxgen7 SUV

01luxgen7taiwan_thumbnail.jpg02luxgen7taiwan_thumbnail.jpg015luxgen7taiwan_thumbnail.jpg

[source: Luxgen]

Continue reading Taiwan's Luxgen unveils high-tech new crossover

Taiwan's Luxgen unveils high-tech new crossover originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=9ED2fx9jWpI:nVwnC7LNnLc:wF9xT autoblog?i=9ED2fx9jWpI:nVwnC7LNnLc:V_sGL
9ED2fx9jWpI

View the full article

siegen    20

Looks like a cross between a Nissan and Buick crossover.

One thing the Three-Pointed Star doesn't have, though: an anti-theft system that automatically slides the driver's seat forward and leans it against the steering wheel to thwart would-be thieves. Take that!

Like this:

PONTIAC06    22

I'm actually somewhat intrigued...it's not the most beautiful thing I've ever seen but it's kind of cool...and the interior looks fairly good in my opinion...

Drew Dowdell    5,154

Luxgen sounds like one of those names they make up for big corporations in movies.

"Buy and Low"

"Consolidated Corp"

"International Business Machines"

"General Motors Company"

.... wait.

Never heard of Luxgen...kind of reminds me of a Hyundai Santa Fe.

Apparently 'Luxgen' is a combination of 'Luxury' and 'Genius'. It's a private brand of Yulon, which has had Nissan ties in the past and also locally assemble CDK Buick LaCrosses and various Cadillacs.

Yulon

Looks quite nice but I know better than to judge a book by its cover.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.