gas prices

dont know if it will work though Gas Prices TOOOOO HIGH IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES. THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1ST HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR @$$ " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED WEEKS AGO? REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO! WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU CAN

Its bullshit that gets passed around everytime gas goes up. How is "Everyone" supposed to take part in this, since its an email chain letter and a large portion of the U.S. population doesn't have home internet access? This is dumb, just like the one about not buying gas from certain stations will interrupt cash flow to terrorists. My advice, suck it up and buy some Exxon stock.

sorry about the all caps thats how it was sent to me.... and you know its worth a shot...but you all are probably right cuz i know how many (smart) people live in this nation...there are other ways...but i figured i would pass it around...

it wouldn't work even if everyone did refrain from purchasing gas for one day...neither would the idea of boycotting exxon/mobile and not purchasing their gas...I have my reasons, but I wont get into it now...too tired...

I got two copies of this crap in my e-mail just the other day.

It won't work for all the reasons specified (people will buy the day before or after).

Now if we all cut our driving by 25%. It would work.

It just ain't gonna happen until gas hits $4 or $5 a gallon.

I have heard Hawaii is starting to feel the hit of the gas prices, so now the hawaiian govt. is trying to put profit caps on the gas stations out there so the gas stations are only allowed to make up to a certain profit...if it goes through (which might be highly unlikely because it is illegal) then california may follow suit after seeing how well it works...

yea, it's illegal...they'd never get that passed...there was another technique they were gonna try...I have it on the tip of my tongue...I can't quite remember it...ah well...I'll post it later...

It was on the news 5.57 a gallon in Atlanta today!!!  I went out and filled er up at 2.73.  Boy am I glad my L200 gets me about 30 mpg.

[post="7390"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You doing a lot of city driving? I get better than 30 doing almost all in city, stop-and-go driving and a lot of idling. Wait, isn't yours the "second-gen" the updated one? My mom had one and it felt slower and seemed to get worse mileage, they're a bit heavier than the originals.

I hope there IS some kind of profit cap, although I highly doubt it. Who funds politicians? I don't seem to trust anyone it seems in this world today. Not trying to a go on war with anyone, just my personal opinion. It's a nature of human to be greedy, that's all I can say. In Toronto gas has reached $1.20/L. Have to start using dollars instead of cents. :angry: Edited by ToniCipriani

$3.20 a gallon for regular here. Rising gas prices are really just a catalyst for change. We should have been investing in renewable alternative energy sources decades ago. Far too many people believe the "age of oil" was never going to end. Anyone outside the oil industry will tell you that oil production will peak by 2010 if it hasn't already...while demand certainly isn't slowing.

Went up 40 cents in 12 hours here today in NY state, now at 3.15, was 2.62 just 2 days ago. SO now a gallon cost more than one half hours minimum wage. Perhaps someone could make good money with one of those people hauling buggies we see in movies from some oriental country. We could save our governernment money by carrying our cute little Bushman around. Then he'd have more to blow on fuel for the supply caravans for his "little" mid east conquest. Now is definantly the time for me to go out and buy a snowmobile, quadrunner, personal jet boat, and leaf blower for every family member. But then Id need to get us one of dem dar "hemi" Dodge trucks with big 4" pipes and a trailer so I can haul everything around. I can use the leaf blower to get all the sand and dirt off them when we are done doing donuts in the sand snow and water. Well Im guessing this will bring the cost of heating the average house in the NE up to somewhere around 4 thousand dollars now - no biggy right ? I heat with wood and have solely for 25 years but some gas needs to be burnt to get that job done too. I believe in conserving, I always have, we hardly ever go anywhere and have the best mileage vehicals in the comfortable family size class. I have always known oil could never last at the rate its consumed. Thats why I have been so loud and outspoken about American jobs and local economy, we need jobs in our back yards not 40 miles away in some conjested city. globalization sucks, its going to become cleaqr within our lifetimes. The aftermath from all this will be far more of a "national disaster" than the one our little Bushman is making much of now. How fortunate for him, a distraction while his little buddies line their pockets. So what, whats $100 a week to get to work , 400 a month, no big deal when your bringing home 400 weekly............right ? Many dont even make that much. I know.........maybe we can start building sweat shops directly behind trailer parks......... yea thats it .......... the American dream........... ??????????

I have to admit raz, your first two sentences really put it into perspective. Minimum wag is sitting at $5.15. A lot of the people who make that are high school kids who are trying to afford a car. That wont work when they have to spend an entire paycheck on gas.

Did you miss the fact that oil companies made like $57 gazillion dollars in profit last year?  Yes a disruption in supply should cause a spike, I passed Econ 101, but the prices shouldn't have been that high to begin with.

[post="7573"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

of course, but they were, and this is the oil companies first legit reason to increase gas prices since the whole OPEC thing of the 70s.

Yeah, but who is going to replace him? Not Cheney, they are probably going to have to go with a relative unknown, what better way to make a fellow Republican look good to everyone than to bring gas prices down four cents per gallon? You might even see it in the middle of next year if prices are insanely high because Bush doesn't want to lose the huge majority in Congress. A Republican president easing gas prices will help any Republican running for office, pretty much guilt by association for lack of a better term.

Gas prices are going to get higher..no matter what they do.. we have the extra oil, but very little way of turning it to gas, due to all the damage here... Prices will just keep going up for a while... I don't even Bush could stop it now.. Just think, if OPEC cut production now, we would be on our knees... :(

as pro bush and anti liberal as i am.... bush and everyone got elected before and they can do it again if they dont have their head up their asses and if anything this is just pissing everyone off, this isnt the time for political stratergies. (This post is about the possibility of the strategic oil reserves being released. i do not think that the government is responsible for the high gas prices its those bast***s at the oil companies.)

I was thumbing through an old C&G when I came across an editorial about gas prices from last year. Basically it said that a large part of the problem is that different areas of the country require different gasoline blends, different additives. Not only do they have to make these gasses, they have to transport them seperately. That is something the politicians can take care of, just find one or two mixes the whole country can use and be done with it. No more MTBE in the gas in one area and ethanol in the next county over. If politicians keep fiddling with the regulations the gas companies have to keep paying to change/upgrade facilities and that is reflected in the price. I still say most of this is on the oil industry anyways. Assholes.

Thats a good point satty but its still just a distraction they are throwing up so we really dont know what the hell is the reason which is pocket lining. Capitolizm at its most corrupt. Everyone in America needs to go to work and have the ocassional trip, ect. They could charge 10 a gallon and probably are aiming for that. Its no different that what the insurance companys have been doing Its no different than what the school systems have been doing Its no different than what the Hospitols have been doing Its no different than what the Doctors have been doing Its no different than what the CEO's have been doing Its no different than what our own serve and protect public officals have been doing Dont you wish we could all say - "hey, give me more money and give it to me now !"

I have heard Hawaii is starting to feel the hit of the gas prices, so now the hawaiian govt. is trying to put profit caps on the gas stations out there so the gas stations are only allowed to make up to a certain profit...if it goes through (which might be highly unlikely because it is illegal) then california may follow suit after seeing how well it works...

[post="7190"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes and when the govt. caps the price of fuel, the refineries and distributors will refuse to sell it at a loss and they shut down. Then we'll have a nice BIG fuel shortage........

Really a grand idea. :blink: :rolleyes:

Actually if you guys had paid attention, several states have instituted gas caps to prevent price gouging by gas stations. In fact I believe North Carolina put a restriction on un-needed driving before the Colonial pipeline re-opened and Plantation pipeline partially reopened, both last night. And as far as gas companies go...wouldn't you love straight 7 billion dollar profits on 80 billion dollars of revenue? Oh wait, sorry...that's only one quarter.... I can't wait until the new 10k's come out for these companies...it will be sickening.

I have to admit raz, your first two sentences really put it into perspective.  Minimum wag is sitting at $5.15.  A lot of the people who make that are high school kids who are trying to afford a car.  That wont work when they have to spend an entire paycheck on gas.

[post="7568"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes. I make $5.40 at one of my jobs. It's not even helping...

The higher the wages the higher the monthly expense of everything is. These gas prices hurt low wage people and do not affect the upities. Same as the BS that is going on with real estate, school taxes, health insurance, and other things I cant think of now. Its not a problem for these "new economy" people to summon up the money but the rest of us still doing the dirty work have been stagnent or actually in recession on the amount of our pay that is actually ours to work with. This has been masked with a credit card frenzy but the truth is the money is not there, there is no equity, only for the upities. the health insurance companys have been stealing everyones raises for over 7 years. A gas increase of 50 cents takes the extra take home from a 30 cent per hour raise. Real estate, rent expenses and school taxes forget about it, the raises necessary to keep up with that crap is far beyond the reach of the working class, especially with the insurance and oil companies in our back pockets already.

Prediction: GAS prices will the deciding factor of the next election! oh.... and IMHO the "Oil will be gone in 50 years" stuf is ullshit. They said in the 70s that we'd be out of oil by the 1990s. There's probably more oil in Alaska then in the whole damn middleast. It's all smoke and mirrors and BS.

Prediction:

GAS prices will the deciding factor of the next election!

oh.... and IMHO the "Oil will be gone in 50 years" stuf is ullshit. They said in the 70s that we'd be out of oil by the 1990s. There's probably more oil in Alaska then in the whole damn middleast.

It's all smoke and mirrors and BS.

[post="8365"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's not complete BS. All of the CURRENT oil fields will be dried up in less than 50 years at our current rate of consumption. We are however, always finding new sources of oil. Still, we could start to see worldwide oil shortages within our lifetime (or mine anyway, don't know how old everybody is). Edited by Endo