gas prices

Prediction:

GAS prices will the deciding factor of the next election!

oh.... and IMHO the "Oil will be gone in 50 years" stuf is ullshit. They said in the 70s that we'd be out of oil by the 1990s. There's probably more oil in Alaska then in the whole damn middleast.

It's all smoke and mirrors and BS.

[post="8365"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

sixty is my hero

Prediction:

oh.... and IMHO the "Oil will be gone in 50 years" stuf is ullshit. They said in the 70s that we'd be out of oil by the 1990s. There's probably more oil in Alaska then in the whole damn middleast.

Lets assume thats true, which I doubt but lets assume it is. Does this still mean we should not conserve resources ? Should not find ways within our country to make more good paying jobs in all populated locals ? Make locals more self sufficient rather than shipping products all over the surface of the planet ? I realize this would make it very hard for the white collars to get their manicured little hands on the money but then ....DILLIGAF :lol:

Its so amusing to look at how and why the world came to be as it is today. Half the population doing the work, the other half getting the money. the whole wall street thing, corporate BS, see they need the world spred out, they need us driving 40-100 miles for work, they need us so busy we just pay the bills and dont ask why. So now I ask- what makes all this possible ? oil, oil has made all this far reaching shit possible. We are a transportation based socioty, they can try all they want to make it "global", "information", "hi tec", what ever other names they are trying to put on it but its not, its transportation based = oil ! Flying all over the country "on business" = oil, not tec, not information, but oil.

How in the hell can we ever turn this around and get back to doing what truely needs to be done ? Then when we get there what will the remaining 75% of the surface population do when theres no more paper work to shuffle around and create ?

Come on, every say it, say it loud, let me hear ya'll cheer to your God

OIL ! :bowdown:

Prediction:

You're very right...In my business class yesterday a guy pointed out that his friend who works in the oil industry stated that they wont be running out of oil for a long long time...There is plenty of it...Oh, and I don't know if it was mentioned yet, but Bush made the decision to tap into the oil reserves after the devastation that hit the south...with all the oil we lost, our oil reserves will help offset some of the price increases...hopefully we will see prices drop a little bit...I'm sure moreso in the southt han anywhere else...Btw, on the topic of price caps, I believe Saudi Arabia has price caps on their fuel...the way they get around it is by shipping the fuel elsewhere out of country to different jurisdictions and thats how they make a higher profit...

• 2 weeks later...
Still $3.09 around here but I'm hoping we se $1.99 soon.