american_revolution_2005

Dodge ???? Roadster

15 posts in this topic

I will submit pictures once I finish the rear view and the interior. I need a name though. I used looks from the Hornet concept but made the beltline lower and I rounded out the front. I think it looks like a great Solstice competitior. Use the Caliber platform and use the 2.4L I4 for the base model which puts out 170. Then use the Caliber's SRT4 2.4L turbo 300 hp to beat the GXP's 260 hp. I also know that the base Solstice puts out 177 hp. The base engine could be altered a bit to put out 180-200 hp. I was thinking of using Gremlin as a name.

Enzora    0

Demon. It's got Dodge history, but isn't one of their signature classic models, so there probably won't be too many people pissed off about it changing into a roadster.

how about shadow? thats also been used before by dodge... but it wasnt really a classic model so noone wil complain about it bein used

Turbojett    103

No, Gremlin is a classic model in the infamous sort of way. The original Gremlin was downright notorious for not only being shoddy, unreliable and dangerous, but just plain UGLY. The name has a big black mark on it, much like Pacer.

I would go with Shodow, Demon, or maybe Dart.

Enzora    0

From Dictionary.com:

gremlin--An imaginary gnomelike creature to whom mechanical problems, especially in aircraft, are attributed.

Sorry, but this actually edges out Probe for the worst car name in history, even before you get to the stigma of the actual car.

the greenhouse is so low!!!!! oh wait... thats how you draw stuff... forgot... but yeah pretty cool design... as enzora said... gremlin isnt a good name... Demon or Shadow definitely wouldve been better... or 2b2s suggestion... CGX i think it wuz? Arrow wouldnt be bad either... just not gremlin...

dont know why.. but when i saw that razor... the first thing that came to mind wuz if someone built a car using parts from an srt-4 and a solstice... probably bcuz thats exactly what it looks like... normally i like bigger grilles... but thats just... not an attractive car as far as im concerned...

91z4me    0

dont know why.. but when i saw that razor... the first thing that came to mind wuz if someone built a car using parts from an srt-4 and a solstice... probably bcuz thats exactly what it looks like... normally i like bigger grilles... but thats just... not an attractive car as far as im concerned...

The Razor was supposed to use the SRT4's engine and a 5 speed stick. It was also supposed to be a minimalist performance coupe priced in the mid to low teens, like $13K if I remember right. There was also supposed to be a pickup in the same low cost bracket but alas it was killed, the M80 was the name.

Some pics.

http://images.google.com/images?q=dodge%20...ial&sa=N&tab=wi

For those to lazy to click the link.

Posted Image

oh i remember seeing the m80 at the Ney York auto show a while back... i always thought it was a cool looking little pickup... not to mention it couldve been incentive for say... an el Camino... but yeah the razor... i dont know... it just looks far too much like a solstice with a poorly designed roofline and an srt-4 grill

Drew Dowdell    4,988

The Razor was supposed to use the SRT4's engine and a 5 speed stick.  It was also supposed to be a minimalist performance coupe priced in the mid to low teens, like $13K if I remember right.  There was also supposed to be a pickup in the same low cost bracket but alas it was killed, the M80 was the name.

Some pics.

http://images.google.com/images?q=dodge%20...ial&sa=N&tab=wi

For those to lazy to click the link.

Posted Image

That would have made an excellent Jeep pickup.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.