Favorite dog breed(s)

Easy for me:

(1) Australian Shepherd (which is the only kind I have ever owned)

(2) Border Collie (which is what I would have had if I didn't have the Australian Shepherd)

I am sure I can warm up to other breeds. It's just that those are my favorites. Which ones are high on your list?

Easy for me:

(2) Border Collie (which is what I would have had if I didn't have the Australian Shepherd)

I am sure I can warm up to other breeds.  It's just that those are my favorites.  Which ones are high on your list?

Dont mix the 2, you will end up with a very lazy dog. Or my dog is just not normal. He is the laziest of my 3 dogs.

Easy for me:

I am sure I can warm up to other breeds.  It's just that those are my favorites.  Which ones are high on your list?

those are the two i have right now kinda a sheperd purebred and a border/sheperd mutt thats reallllly fast and smart (not lazy)

beagles

sheperds

Boxers and any sort of herding dog, because those are what I've always had. My least favorite is probably German Shepherds. I'm not sure why, but I think it might have to do with that time when I was little and I got attacked by a German Shepherd.

Beagles seem to be winning th epoplularity contest! We have a beagle right now along with the snauzer, cockapu, Lab, and Chow. Ahh beagles -- it was the best of times -- it was the worst of times. The coat is so easy to take care of and their bladders are as strong as steel. She does yelp a lot and steals food toys, anything. I wouldn't go that route again.

a yorkie

Posted Image

MIXED WITH A

Newfoundland :lol:

Posted Image

man these things get massavie.

But my favorite breed is most likely a golden ret. or a Rotwellier.

Edited by capriceman

1. Labs (only dog I ever had was a Black Lab)

2. Greyhounds (planning on adopting an ex-racing dog sometime this decade)

Does anyone know much about Belgian Shepherds?  I've seen them in the "family tree" right by German Shepherds but I've never seen one nor know anyone who owns one?

maybe thats what i was thinking of their a little smaller? i saw em at a pareade i thnk and i just remember it was one fo those countries in europe not specifically which it was either a belgian, polish, or austrian sheperd

if thats what im thiking of then i like the way they look tho im not sure about disposition

Does anyone know much about Belgian Shepherds?  I've seen them in the "family tree" right by German Shepherds but I've never seen one nor know anyone who owns one?

I have a very strange dog which may or may not be part belgian shepherd.

Posted Image

He attempts conversation frequently.

I have a very strange dog which may or may not be part belgian shepherd.

Posted Image

He attempts conversation frequently.

Yep. That's what they look like. They are, per the book descriptions, quite aloof and wary of strangers. It's a good-looking dog, though. My dog, when she was alive, used to have a weird way of trying to "talk" to me.