NewsFeeder

Angry Car Designer dreams up a Ferrari 612 GTO

Filed under: Concept Cars, Coupe, Performance, Ferrari, Design/Style

web630-barcelona0001layer-7.jpg
Ferrari 612 GTO by Sasha Selipanov - Click above for image gallery

Just about every time Ferrari comes up with a new variant of one of its supercars - be it the Scuderia, Spider, Challenge, XX or what-have-you - someone takes it upon themselves to imagine what another Prancing Horse from the stable would look like with the same treatment. Some come out looking better than others, but push comes to shove, there is no 458XX, no 599 Challenge and no California Scuderia. Once in a while, though, someone comes up with something truly intriguing.

In this case, that someone is Sasha Selipanov of Berlin, Germany, also known as the Angry Car Designer. Sasha's idea? The Ferrari 612 GTO. Only the thing is, these renderings don't depict what the Scaglietti would look like given the same treatment as the 599 GTO. No, this is something altogether more intriguing. More like a mix between the Aston Martin One-77 and the Ferrari 458 Italia, with a few elements from the original 250 GTO thrown in there for good measure. (Ferrari, Pininfarina? Are you paying attention for the 599's upcoming replacement?)

It's a design study, so there's little more left to discuss other than viewing the renderings for yourself, so check 'em out in the large gallery below. And if you like this, check out the source site, where Sasha's got some other intriguing designs on file. Most of them Ferraris, natch.

[source: AngryCarDesigner.com via autoblog.nl]

Angry Car Designer dreams up a Ferrari 612 GTO originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 08 Jun 2010 20:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=YkyZRbZjwRE:EtZzIRlR6vA:wF9xT autoblog?i=YkyZRbZjwRE:EtZzIRlR6vA:V_sGL
YkyZRbZjwRE

View the full article

250 GTO is a red hot mess.

612 GTO has some powerful proportions, still needs detail work/cleanup.

Yep the last RedHot mess of a 62 250 GTO sold back in something like 1991 for 15 million 100 thousand or so.

what does that look like

$15,100,000.00

Edited by RjION

I love this, very dynamic & fresh but certainly also quite retro, in the same way the 5th Gen. Camaro is retro.

----

Just cause someone pays a ka-billion dollars for it does NOT mean it's priceless.

What are you Kanye West? :AH-HA:

I love the 250 GTO but it DOES have some sloppy lines & I can certainly say that while many "form follows function" designs look fantastic this is not the best example of that.

I think Porsche did a much nicer job than Ferrari in the design department in the 1960s.

Yep the last RedHot mess of a 62 250 GTO sold back in something like 1991 for 15 million 100 thousand or so.

what does that look like

$15,100,000.00

haters-gonna-hate.gif

You've got a very small oval grille, you've got 3 interesting gumdrop-shaped hood scoops, the 2 headlights with thick chrome bezels and oversized tabs to retain the covers, THEN right next to the oval grille you have blue rectangular lights, then deep, completely circular holes, AND another pair of some sort of projecting lights outboard of the headlights AND yet another set of teardrop-shaped marker lights. All that tossed on an otherwise nicely fluid shape reminds me of this, stylistically :

Shape%20Sorter.jpg

Sorry, I know I'm supposed to have some sort of uncontrollable Pavlovian response to a red car with a dancing pony on the nose, but I'd like to think I can be a bit more objective than that. Just because it's ferrari doesn't automatically mean it's beautiful.

Edited by balthazar

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook