Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

On The Table: GM

2 posts in this topic

ON THE TABLE

June 9, 2010

On The Table: GM

Editor-in-Chief's Note: Our AE email is burning up over the "Chevrolet" as opposed to "Chevy" brand consistency effort/controversy going on within the halls of GM marketing, demanding that I comment on it. The "official" explanation is that in order to hammer home the Chevrolet brand globally, the shorthand "Chevy" used in the U.S. will not be used. It makes sense - somewhat - if you're talking the global Big Picture. But for the U.S.? Not so much. But before all of you out there have a complete and total meltdown over this I'll just throw out this one thing: Don't assume for a minute that it's not a publicity ruse to get Chevrolet/Chevy back on the radar screen. GM's new marketing chief, Joel Ewanick, has been known to do this sort of stuff on occasion and realistically I doubt much energy - if any - will be expended on it. And judging by all of the hand-wringing going on in the national media today, it worked, didn't it? - PMD

GM. A dozen top GM executives were awarded salary and restricted stock valued at around $13-$20 million, depending on the estimate. Why is this good thing? Because it's basically worthless unless the company gets turned around. In other words, it's based purely on performance. As well it should be.

link:

http://www.autoextremist.com/on-the-table1/

hyperv6    774

If this is a ruse marketing move it is working.

To all that fell for it SUCKER! :neenerneener:

If this is the way he operated this may be fun to watch after all the poor failed marketing in the past. Just look at how much print and air time they got for giving he Detroit Pitcher a Vette.

I like the stock option. If they want it to be worth anything they will have to earn it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this