NewsFeeder

Tata Nano gets ill-advised haircut at the factory

15 posts in this topic

NewsFeeder    9

Filed under: Convertible, Budget, Hatchback, India, Tata, Design/Style

nano-convertible-630.jpg

There are certain vehicles that were born to be convertible. The Tata Nano is not among them. The plucky, inexpensive little transporter is somewhat lovable in hardtop guise with its round overall shape and ladybug proportions. The cheapest of cheap cars is just too cute to hate, but make the mistake of pulling back the top sheetmetal, and you've got a sight that can't be unseen. A photo of a drophead Nano has hit the web courtesy of Wheelosphere - a site dedicated to India's blooming automotive world.

Fortunately, for the moment at least, the world won't have to deal with these things in the wild. The cars are apparently kept to the grounds of Tata's Sanand plant and used to ferry visitors from one portion of the complex to the other. That's just as well, really, because the car's semi-monocoque construction probably doesn't take too well to having its roof cut off, and we suspect that structural rigidity is now something of an open question (*rimshot*). If you can peel your eyes away from the missing roof long enough to check out the rest of the Nano Cabriolet, you'll likely spot some sporty step bars and classy side graphics, too. Excellent.

[source: Wheelosphere]

Tata Nano gets ill-advised haircut at the factory originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=blKhcvLO3rk:zY89E64l__s:wF9xT autoblog?i=blKhcvLO3rk:zY89E64l__s:V_sGL
blKhcvLO3rk

View the full article

FAPTurbo    1,080

It's the modern day Pontiac Firefly convertible!! Only this implementation looks decidedly less third-world.

Did this jackass just call the production Tata nano sedan a "hardtop"? :drunk:

ocnblu    733

How soon can I order one???:wub:

loki    289

All the easier to escape a sudden fire without the pesky roof in the way.

or to be ejected in case of an wreck.

SAmadei    224

I don't know why hastily chopped Nanos would make me think of this, but I can't help but visualize a Bollywood remake of Smokey and the Bandit with an Indian Sheriff Buford T. Justice driving a Nano that just got its roof chopped off...

Blake Noble    146

I don't know why hastily chopped Nanos would make me think of this, but I can't help but visualize a Bollywood remake of Smokey and the Bandit with an Indian Sheriff Buford T. Justice driving a Nano that just got its roof chopped off...

In which case, I might as well gather up a budget of the change I have in the couch and remake S&TB starring George Clooney as The Bandit. He's from here. I'll catch him next Derby day. I'm sure he'll do the job for a nickel and some lint. He also might know Charles Durning too, since he starred in "O'Brother" with 'em. Durning would make a great Buford T.

Edited by whiteknight

SAmadei    224

In which case, I might as well gather up a budget of the change I have in the couch and remake S&TB starring George Clooney as The Bandit. He's from here. I'll catch him next Derby day. I'm sure he'll do the job for a nickel and some lint. He also might know Charles Durning too, since he starred in "O'Brother" with 'em. Durning would make a great Buford T.

Stealing a bit more from 'O Brother', John Turturro could play Buford's son. 'O Brother' was a great movie... I can't believe its already a decade old.

SAmadei    224

Step bars ????? For a car with 10" rims ??????

No, no, they're obviously side pipes. ;-)

Edited by SAmadei

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.