ok, I've pretty much decided...

Camino LS6

... that once the toys are gone I want an interesting wagon right away. Has to be clean and V8 powered and RWD. A/C is also a must and it has to have some sort of "cool factor" going for it. I have been all over the web in the last few hours and there isn't much out there right now. So, keep your eyes open - I'm looking for some help and all leads are appreciated.

Ermm....would it be out of line yet to ask why you are selling everything?  :unsure:

No, not out of line at all. The short answer is that I'm doing it for a host of personal reasons: some financial, some not, some immediate, some future concerns. I just have this strong feeling that being debt free with some cash on hand will be important in the near future.

I think of doing that sometimes... right now I have my eye on a sanitary '87 Monte Carlo CL, charcoal gray, 305, no vinyl top, blackwalls, wire wheel covers. It's at a local used car dealer with "$2950" posted on the windshield.

I think of doing that sometimes... right now I have my eye on a sanitary '87 Monte Carlo CL, charcoal gray, 305, no vinyl top, blackwalls, wire wheel covers.  It's at a local used car dealer with "$2950" posted on the windshield.

I am always looking even when I have no intention of buying anything. I'm going to enjoy looking knowing I'll be able to buy-in cash. I can have just as much fun with a car that costs $1,500 - $10,000 as one that cost 30k or more.

I think of doing that sometimes... right now I have my eye on a sanitary '87 Monte Carlo CL, charcoal gray, 305, no vinyl top, blackwalls, wire wheel covers.  It's at a local used car dealer with "$2950" posted on the windshield.

Was that still of the vintage that had the effed up Chevy small block 305/350 cams? Exercise caution. You still have the 'rado? Does this mean you will be doubling up? That can be costly. I have found that, havind done it twice (Cutlass/Camaro and Cutlass/Regal), it can be an expensive proposition.

Well, the plan would be to buy it, get it sorted if necessary, then sell the truck and use the MC as a daily driver.

Camino, I see one once in a while for sale around here (Caprice). I think they're goodlooking wagons, and very roddable.

Edited by ocnblu

I am always looking even when I have no intention of buying anything.

This is my life. You know, its funny that I look more now that I own a car of my own than I did when I didn't and was looking for my first car. I saw a primo 1995 Buick Regal black/on black with leather and sunroof and 42k miles for sale for $2950 and I want to have it just to have it.

Automobiles are like drugs and I need my fix.

How about an old Vega panel express? This morning I saw an early 70s example (the one with the Camaro style front) and I was surprised at how much I liked it.

Camino: That thing's gorgeous! Just one thing, though; how do they figure it's a LeSabre Estate Wagon? I thought Buick had two wagons in 1970: The smaller Skylark Sport Wagon with a 350 and the big one with the 455 would be an Electra Estate Wagon. I could be wrong, though. Was the 455 even offered in the LeSabre in 1970?

Also, if you want a classic wagon, you can't go wrong with a '70-'72 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser! A co-worker of mine also has a neat '65 Chevrolet Bel Air station wagon, but good luck trying to find one for yourself!

Posted Image

Dude right here man!! WOOD GRAIN IS SCHWEET MAN!!! Also the cops wont look at you twice with this thing.

Plus its a Buick!!!! Quailty and 307 V8 BOF RWD POWER!!!! Soft Land Yacht ride. Let the gray hairs talk!!!!

Edited by capriceman

Yeah, I'm always "looking" too.

Marcia is always saying that my most overused expression is:

If I ever have the money I want a _________. (insert classic car here) :)

WOnder what reserve is on that LeSabre Estate? It's droolicious! ©

Good luck Camino!

Nice find, yes it's about 35 minutes away from me, unfortunately Marcia has this crazy stigmata abotu Minivans and Wagons. The only wagon she's ever liked was the Magnum, now that the Charger is out she's not into the Magnum anymore either. :P

Nice find, yes it's about 35 minutes away from me, unfortunately Marcia has this crazy stigmata abotu Minivans and Wagons. The only wagon she's ever liked was the Magnum, now that the Charger is out she's not into the Magnum anymore either. :P

That's funny because my mom has the same opionions on that (she also hates the el camino, but I'm sure one day either myself or my bro will own one :P) but anyway.. She wants a SUV and I had shown her an Envoy at one point and she said "No, the back looks too much like a mini van" .. but then yet she likes the trailblazer. :blink:

***End of --> :hijacked:***

Camino, I think I saw you say you have the last Firehawk ever made. I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to call the Barrett Jackson people? I assume it wouldn't be too much trouble for GM to certify the car for you. Seems like that auction would bring the right audience of buyers and probably a premium price. I know they don't handle much newer stuff...but it might be a good idea. I'm sure they'd be able to give you some idea of what you could expect.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/

Edited by CD/BP

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: @ Cavalier

Next you'll suggest a Celebrity Eurosport :puke:

You beat me to it, I was just about to post a refrigeratoe white '85 Celebrity "Estate". :yes:

Camino, I think I saw you say you have the last Firehawk ever made. I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to call the Barrett Jackson people? I assume it wouldn't be too much trouble for GM to certify the car for you. Seems like that auction would bring the right audience of buyers and probably a premium price. I know they don't handle much newer stuff...but it might be a good idea. I'm sure they'd be able to give you some idea of what you could expect.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/

Officially, the documentation of my car comes from SLP as Firehawk was their product and not GM's (even though the package carries a GM RPO). Everyone that pays attention to the F-body boards already knows about my car and it is signed by Ed Hamburger,Dave Hamburger, Scott Settlemire,Reg Harris,My initial contact at SLP, and the tech who did the work. The Job tag is still on the windshield with the actual work order#. It was signed and dated the day it was loaded on the transporter by the SLP staff. Scott and Ed signed it later at an SLP event. I have every e-mail between SLP and myself as well as part of a thread about my car from the old SLP board saved on my old computer. As for BJ auctions, I don't think it is feasible for me to get to one anytime soon. But I have thought about it.

My car also happens to be the last 1LE F-body ever built. :AH-HA_wink: