Sign in to follow this  
regfootball

MAZDA MPV

9 posts in this topic

this probably conflicts with the new (and ugly) CX-9....I'd take this over the CX-9 and Mazda5 anyday.

Maybe they could bring this over and badge it as a Ford.

Edited by regfootball

A pretty good effort.  Once they finally redo the MPV here, I hope they give it a real engine.

I had an MPV as a rental one time, and that 3.0L Duratec was quite peppy in it. I had no problems with the engine at all.

The first one, with only the 2.5L, was a dog but the 3.0L models are just fine. Remember they are smaller (and lighter) than the mainstream minivans from Chrysler, Toyota, and Honda.

the MPV's motor is dreadfully buzzy. I was wanting to like the old MPV when i tested it but man the powertrain was a big let down like on the Mazda 6. Go figure I buy a ford with the same motor. For some reason in my car its better but still not ideal.

the MPV's motor is dreadfully buzzy.  I was wanting to like the old MPV when i tested it but man the powertrain was a big let down like on the Mazda 6.  Go figure I buy a ford with the same motor.  For some reason in my car its better but still not ideal.

I actually liked the V6 ALOT better in my Mazda6 (5-speed) that I had.....compared to a 500 rental I had a few weeks ago.

The Mazda-tuned engine had a throatier, and more pleasant "growl" when you got on it versus the 500's buzzy sound.

Also, my car was whisper quiet if you weren't heavy into the throttle. GREAT powertrain.

For the record.....I had no problem with performace with the 500.....I don't see what all the carping is about.....

i have issues with the 500, but at the same time for a big domestic car its pretty good, so i try not to complain much. the duratec 35 should fix the engine / powertrain gripes. the 500 needs quicker steering that centers itself much better and requires less effort at low speeds and tightens up a bit quicker and harder at higher speeds. I got the car mostly for the room and great lease deal. now that its breaking in i am able to get some good fun out of it if i want, i just run it above 3000 rpm and also learn where i need to keep the gas to get it to downshift fast and then floor it to hold the rpms all the way to the 6400 rpm mark. Then, it feels very fast.

I've test driven the mazda 6 on 3 separate occasions and never came away liking that car. I enjoyed the Galant GTS v6 and a few other midsizers much more. Even a 9-3 Linear is a better car. An S60 base with a stick was more fun. but its a good car, it just felt unfinished to me.

Basically i figured if i was destined to have a car with the duratec 30 or some derivative, then i made sure it had room which is what led me to the 500. I'm already bored with the faux Audi interior.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this