Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Cadillac jumps into free maintenance game with 2011 models

Cadillac jumps into free maintenance game with 2011 models

by Sam Abuelsamid (RSS feed) on Jun 21st 2010 at 1:29PM

Cadillac has decided to jump into the free scheduled maintenance game with a four-year/50,000-mile deal for all buyers of 2011 models. Cadillac's announcement comes just days after Lincoln decided to provide free service to anyone that buys or leases one of its vehicles between now and Labor Day.

The Premium Care Maintenance program is part of Cadillac's revamped customer service program that includes advanced dealer training in conjunction with the Ritz-Carlton hotel chain. Premium Care goes beyond Lincoln's offer with a longer term that will run for the full model year, but doesn't cover wear items like brake pads and wiper blades, as the Lincoln program does. Like similar programs from BMW, Volkswagen and Lincoln, Premium Care Maintenance covers oil changes, tire rotations, filters and inspections. Cadillac undoubtedly hopes to bolster sales of its previous volume leader, the CTS, with this new program. While sales of the SRX have been soaring recently, the CTS is down more than 14 percent so far this year.

Cadillac To Provide Standard Four-Year/50,000-Mile Maintenance Program

Luxury brand launches Premium Care Maintenance for 2011 models as part of mission to enhance customer service

2010-06-21

DETROIT – Cadillac announced today it will provide owners of all 2011 models with frequently required maintenance services for the first four years or 50,000 miles as it seeks to build the best customer service experience in the luxury segment.

The program, called Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance, covers scheduled oil changes, tire rotations, replacement of engine and cabin air filters and a multi-point vehicle inspection.

"Cadillac is adding Premium Care Maintenance as a way to extend customer service beyond the sale," said Kurt McNeil, vice president of Cadillac sales and service. "The program is designed to raise satisfaction for owners by ensuring access to expert service. It should lead to higher loyalty rates for dealers by establishing them as a valued resource for our customers."

Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance launches with the arrival of the 2011 model Cadillacs. The CTS family, which is being expanded this year to include the all-new CTS Coupe, will be the first of the 2011 models to arrive at U.S. dealerships in late summer.

Premium Care Maintenance is the latest in a host of Cadillac initiatives that elevate the luxury ownership experience. It joins other Cadillac customer service and ownership benefits including:

* Five-year, 100,000-mile Powertrain warranty along with standard 24/7 Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation.

* Four-year, 50,000-mile vehicle bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage.

* Standard one-year OnStar Directions and Connections plan, which includes Automatic Crash Response, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Vehicle Diagnostics and Stolen Vehicle Assistance.

* Standard XM Radio with a three month trial.

In 2009, Cadillac placed second in the industry in both the Sales Satisfaction Index and Customer Satisfaction Index studies from J.D. Power & Associates. A survey by AutoPacific of 2010 new vehicle buyers rated Cadillac No. 1 in total satisfaction.

"Cadillac rates among the industry's best in customer satisfaction, but we have room for improvement," McNeil said. "Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance is another step in our goal to set the standard for the industry in customer service."

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/21/cadillac-jumps-into-free-maintenance-game-with-2011-models/

Cadillac Offers [some] Free Maintenance Services on New Models

MONDAY, JUNE 21, 2010

GM's luxury division, Cadillac, announced today that its 2011MY lineup in the U.S. will come with a new free maintenance program covering certain items for the entire length of the bumper-to-bumper warranty coverage, which is four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

The program is called "Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance" and it covers scheduled oil changes, tire rotations, replacement of engine and cabin air filters and a multi-point vehicle inspection.

This means Cadillac's program covers less items/services than other automakers in the U.S. like BMW and Volkswagen. For example, BMW's 'Ultimate Service" includes oil changes, inspection services, wiper blade inserts, brake pads, brake discs, engine drive belts and brake fluids.

"Cadillac is adding Premium Care Maintenance as a way to extend customer service beyond the sale," said Kurt McNeil, vice president of Cadillac sales and service. "The program is designed to raise satisfaction for owners by ensuring access to expert service. It should lead to higher loyalty rates for dealers by establishing them as a valued resource for our customers."

The first Cadillac model to benefit from the Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance is the all-new CTS Coupe which is expected to arrive at U.S. dealerships in late summer.

Cadillac's domestic rival, Lincoln recently announced that it will also offer a free service deal covering all scheduled maintenance for three years or 45,000 miles but only for customers who purchase or lease a new Lincoln models from June 18 to September 7, 2010.

link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/06/cadillac-offers-some-free-maintenance.html

Cadillac will offer free scheduled maintenance on all 2011s

Diana T. Kurylko

Automotive News -- June 21, 2010 - 3:46 pm ET

Cadillac said today it would offer free scheduled maintenance on its 2011 model year vehicles as part of its effort to improve customer service -- and to match similar offers being made by other luxury brands.

The 4-year/50,000-mile program is called Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance and includes scheduled oil changes, tire rotation, engine and cabin air filters and a vehicle inspection.

Last week, Lincoln announced a similar free maintenance program for 2010 and 2011 models but only for vehicles purchased and leased through Sept. 7. Lincoln’s program is for 3 years/45,000 miles.

Unlike Lincoln and European luxury brands BMW and Jaguar, Cadillac’s program doesn’t include wear-and-tear items such as brakes and windshield wipers. A spokesman said Cadillac decided against including wear-and-tear parts because “cars are going to have a lot different schedules and requirements, so it’s hard to level that out for everyone. There is a disparity in what a typical customer’s needs are.”

The spokesman said Cadillac announced the program today because production is about to begin on the 2011 models. Cadillac expects those models to arrive at dealerships in late summer.

Kurt McNeil, Cadillac’s vice president of sales and service, said in a release that the program is also expected to bring more customers back to the dealership for service. BMW of North America has said that 97 percent of its customers return to the dealer for service because of its 4-year/50,000-mile maintenance program.

Cadillac’s scheduled free maintenance includes existing programs such as a 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty and 24/7 roadside assistance.

Cadillac never has offered a scheduled maintenance program covering all its vehicles, the spokesman said.

Through May, Cadillac’s U.S. sales have risen 32 percent over the same period a year ago. Other brand increases include Audi, up 31 percent; Lincoln, 12 percent; BMW division, 6 percent; Mercedes, 26 percent; and Lexus, 23 percent. Total U.S. sales increased 17 percent over the five-month period.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100621/RETAIL05/100629988/1448#ixzz0rX00bh3G

I like the idea of free maintenance. As a buyer, I like that and a long warranty so I know I don't need to spend a lot extra on maintaining the car, plus making a new car payment. I think from a company perspective, the free maintenance program is better than offering $4000 cash back or similar fire sale incentive that drags resale values down.

I think from a company perspective, the free maintenance program is better than offering $4000 cash back or similar fire sale incentive that drags resale values down.

This

I like the idea of free maintenance. As a buyer, I like that and a long warranty so I know I don't need to spend a lot extra on maintaining the car, plus making a new car payment. I think from a company perspective, the free maintenance program is better than offering $4000 cash back or similar fire sale incentive that drags resale values down.

We agree here SMK.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook