Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

Shocker! Porsche 911 beats Mini Cooper in "race" at "Road Atlanta"

6 posts in this topic

Filed under: Etc., Mini, Porsche

mini-v-porsche-630op.jpg
Mini vs. Porsche - Click above to view the videos after the jump

In the over-hyped and ridiculous contrived "race" between the Mini Cooper and the Porsche 911, a victor has been crowned, and as you'd expect, the blokes from BMW had their bumpers handed to them.

Despite creating a "track" at the infield of Road Atlanta designed to maximize the Mini's potential and neuter the high-speed prowess of the Porsche, the Cooper still lost the battle by a full two seconds. Naturally, Mini likes to point out that the difference was $38,000 a second, but to anyone paying attention, the additional $76k is money well spent... particularly on a real track. Maybe Mini should've reconsidered Hyundai's offer...

Hit the jump for the race and two introductory videos, including a thoroughly comical explanation about why Mini opted for an autocross track and not the full course at Road Atlanta.

[source: Facebook]

Continue reading Shocker! Porsche 911 beats Mini Cooper in "race" at "Road Atlanta"

Shocker! Porsche 911 beats Mini Cooper in "race" at "Road Atlanta" originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:03:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=sJ5jFmePhyI:hQuDkFZXLyc:wF9xT autoblog?i=sJ5jFmePhyI:hQuDkFZXLyc:V_sGL
sJ5jFmePhyI

View the full article

Mini tried to pull a Bob Lutz. Only problem is that Mini is not Bob F*ckin' Lutz.

I wasn't aware that Hyundai had offered to take on the Mini with the Genesis... that's pretty ballsy.

I would have liked to see the Genesis take on the Mini. While its not my thing, I wonder who will be the first person to put the Hyundai V8 into the Genesis coupe.<br><br>Edit: I mean a backyard V8 swap, not the Rhys Millen mid engined V8 in a Genesis shell.<br><br>

Edited by SAmadei

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this