NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Ten Cars They Got Right The First Time

Ten Cars They Got Right The First Time

Some cars were truly perfect from the start — and then they got successively worse. So why mess with perfection? Because it's what automakers do. Here's your picks for the ten best vehicles that were better the first time around.

This is Answers of the Day — a feature where we take the best ten responses from the previous day's Question of the Day and shine it up to show off. It's by you and for you, the Jalopnik readers. Enjoy!

Want to see this gallery in one slow-to-load page? Click here.

link directly to this page:

http://jalopnik.com/5569649//gallery/gallery/1

read more: #answersoftheday, #aotd, #topten, #listicle, #top

Where is the original GTO? What about the original Camaro? Taurus SHO, maybe? I'd argue even the G8 GXP should be on the list...

Edited by SAmadei

Where is the original GTO? What about the original Camaro? Taurus SHO, maybe? I'd argue even the G8 GXP should be on the list...

Well, the G8 you can't list because there was no 2nd generation. And later GTOs (like the '66-67 or '68-72) and Camaros (2nd gen) certainly didn't go downhill from the 1st gen models, generally improved upon them, at least at first...

Well, the G8 you can't list because there was no 2nd generation. And later GTOs (like the '66-67 or '68-72) and Camaros (2nd gen) certainly didn't go downhill from the 1st gen models, generally improved upon them, at least at first...

Yeah, I didn't realize it was a 'They got right the first time, then screwed up'... so the G8 GXP is definitely off the list... but I still maintain that the GTO, Camaro, Taurus SHO could have made this list easily, as the cars on the list barely fit this criteria...

Miata... got better over the years, in most people's opinion.

Celica... was inconsistent over the years... but the late '80s/early '90s ones are better, except in exterior design.

240Z... Some would argue the Z peaked with the 280Z or the 350Z.

I'm not trying to sell the 2nd gen GTO ('68-72) or Camaros ('70-'81) short, but they simply are not as iconic as the 1st gen.

Sometimes I think Jalopnik will publish any crappy list.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook