Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Report: Volkswagen Routan might not be back for an encore

Report: Volkswagen Routan might not be back for an encore

by Dan Roth (RSS feed) on Jun 23rd 2010 at 4:32PM

"No decisions have been made regarding the Routan." This according to a source from Volkswagen. Unsurprisingly, the re-branded Chrysler minivan is rumored to be receiving less-than-enthusiastic support from Volkswagen's current management, and the ambivalence might spell doom for the Routan. Volkswagen's sales are down, though it's not necessarily the Routan's fault. The people mover has a consistent four percent of the minivan market and Volkswagen thinks that can be grown.

For now, Volkswagen's concentrating on launching its latest Jetta and building a factory in Tennessee to assemble the majority of its U.S.-market cars. The Phaeton will also be returning to the U.S. market, indicating an intent to foster growth on the top and bottom of its model offerings. Volkswagen has set a goal for itself of tripling U.S. sales numbers, and the Routan puts the brand in a segment it would not otherwise be in here in the U.S., though its small market share may not make it worth the effort.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/23/report-volkswagen-routan-might-not-be-back-for-an-encore/

i was very interested in the Routan until i saw all the new pics and info on the new Odyssey just the other day.

The Routan really did have a nicer interior and I am not sure how different its suspension was. I drove one once, and found it to be a really nice drive for a van.

No problem with this for me, it might mean I'll find a nice used Routan for even CHEAPER.

Dodge should just lift the Routan body and tail end slap a dodge grille on it. Even use the Routan interior. Keep the stongo. Problem solved.

VW had em way overpriced.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook