Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

STARlinerS & rallye STRIPES FOREVER!

Thought this was a neat picture to take- Buick Family Cruiser, then and now.

I'll take the former. Oh, wait. I have one of them... in that color... with the same roof rust... and fading woodgrain. Mine has wire wheels, though.

Saw a '77 Buick LeSabre 4dr this morning so clean that I think it was an unrestored original. Bright red w/ white vinyl top, red interior, whitewall tires, stock hubcaps.

I was over in So Cal for the weekend, besides the usual assortment of BMWs, Audis, Mercedes and exotics (saw a couple Bentley Continental convertibles, and someone hooning around in a white Ferrari F430 convertible), I saw lots of interesting oldies, incl:

Red '64 Falcon convertible, top down w/ surfboard in back seat on the PCH in Capistrano Beach seen from my hotel balcony..

teal '64 Falcon wagon w/ woodgrain trim, same location

several nice '64-66 Mustangs, incl. 2 red '66 convertibles, an Ivy Gold '65 coupe w/ vinyl top, a white '65 coupe

customized '61 Lincoln 4dr ht (b-pillar removed, 20 inch or so chrome wheels, two-tone beige and maroon)

customized '62 Lincoln 4dr conv black /w black interior, top down, 22 inch or so chrome wheels

Chopped, custom '37 Ford tudor in black

bright red '59 El Camino w/ Cragar SS wheels

Minty maroon '66 Chevy Impala ht, stock

silver '63 Chevy Impala hi rider on dubs

clean black '69 Camaro SS

'72 Cadillac Coupe de Ville rat rod in primer black w/ red steel wheels full of tatooed skater punks

very clean black '70s MGB

Several stock and modded vintage VW Beetles and Karmann-Ghias

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Three Fiestas at the local dealer... two base model sedans at $16.8k (black and metallic red), and a metallic yellow hatch SES priced at $20.6k!!! Don't get me wrong, the hatch is a nice looking little car... but the price is unacceptable, imo.

Also, a black Kia Rondo with giant chrome bling rims. What a waste of giant chrome bling rims.

Three Fiestas at the local dealer... two base model sedans at $16.8k (black and metallic red), and a metallic yellow hatch SES priced at $20.6k!!! Don't get me wrong, the hatch is a nice looking little car... but the price is unacceptable, imo.

We just got 2 in at work. The first Lime Squeeze one sold the first night, I think to an older couple actually. A chunk of the salespeople don't "get it", looks especially, but I think it's a package/driving dynamics thing. Our black one remains, with others in cue.

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

After the wife's OB/GYN office visit late this afternoon, we ran into a cruise night that I used to frequent when I lived near Hamilton (Mercer County). Here's what I saw:

c380dd5c.jpg

hahah... don't tell me that you see Dr. Pobleti.....

you're roughly 4 miles from the house I grew up in just off the Whitehorse Circle.

BTW...the Impala conv is a '71, and the Lincoln a '66-67..some cool sightings. Didn't see anything today, worked from home, haven't been out.

an orange dodge viper vert in a bilo parking lot... not exactly my idea of a grocery getter...

Maybe the wife was out in the Caravan or Durango and hubby needed some tofu or soymilk.

Saw '65ish Ford Galaxie ragtop in a driveway I pass all the time. It was obvious that it lives in the garage (open at the time), as I had never seen it before.

You never know what might be stashed behind a door like that.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the car looked really nice in silver with a black top and Ford factory magnum 500 wheels.

That is one of my fav. cars...

Saw a blue 70 Cutty with a black vinyl top driving tonight, was sweet....

Awesome pics, Roger!

Fiesta SES sedan in searingly bright green. Not too bad actually.

Yesterday afternoon our first sedan, in bright blue, showed up via dealer trade. Interesting looks as a sedan. Also have a black hatch remaining & a loaded dark red hatch soon to be prepped.

Saw a new Fiesta hatchback in green on the freeway yesterday, temporary plate. Saw a very clean '77 Malibu 2dr in pale yellow (I think it was a '77, had the stacked rectangular headlights). Also saw a very clean brown w/ tan top '78-79 Cutlass Supreme coupe. And a triple black mid '90s Eldorado ETC convertible.