Sign in to follow this  
Burns

Buick Excelle

I was really disappointed with GM's poor attempt at making a premium compact Buick, a really frumpy looking dated car = the Excelle. So I made some very minor changes that surely the General could have made from the get go for next to nothing:

Original:

23-22-44-30-115806827.jpg

Chop:

newbuick1.jpg

High belt line + Regal GS wheels version:

newbuickhighbeltline2.jpg

Changes: More aggressive headlights, more modern bumper, more prominent side line, classier door handles, higher belt-line.

Still needs: Chrome around the side glass, a lower side chrome strip, body colored mirrors with turn signals, preferably a sweep spear.

I hope you like.

Edited by Burns

Very nice work, really helps add some style to what is a very bland car. If you wouldn't mind (I don't feel like doing it), I'd love to see it with a sweepspear like the LaCrosse.

i like your changes. but to me the big problem is the big huge grille. and its so literal. i know buick is supposed to be a waterfall, but maybe its time for a new interpretation. and its just so dang big.

chrome- we don't need to plaster this car with chrome. i'd try it only on the bottom of the side windows for starters. adding chrome to the whole side window surround will start to make the car taller.

i like the way you are starting to make it look more like a hyundai by the way, just sayin....

how's about some bigger wheels (the GS wheels are nice) and wider tires. how bout the top end chromed lacrosse wheels on this puppy?

too bad the rear view mirror can't come forward some. it really looks way far back because it has to be close to the actual door opening.

Edited by regfootball

i like your changes. but to me the big problem is the big huge grille. and its so literal. i know buick is supposed to be a waterfall, but maybe its time for a new interpretation. and its just so dang big.

Agreed. I think it'd look better with the Excelle hatchback's grill, which uses the Astra's opening. It looks more menacing and contemporary:

2010-Buick-Excelle-4.jpg

Actually, the whole hatch looks better than the sedan, too:

2010-Buick-Excelle-1.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook