Nissan releases more 2011 Quest minivan teasers

NewsFeeder

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Minivan/Van, Nissan

quest630.jpg
2011 Nissan Quest teasers - Click above for high-res image gallery

Nissan dropped the first teaser image of the 2011 Quest minivan just before this year's New York Auto Show, and now we're seeing more shadowy angles of the new minivan, including the interior. Toyota's new "Swagger Wagon" is already off to a good start, and Honda's angular new Odyssey will be hitting the road later this year, so the minivan segment is starting to get pretty competitive once again.

From these teasers, we see a shapely new nose and a very upright rear greenhouse that gives the illusion of wrapping all the way around the D-pillar (sort of like what Nissan has done on the Cube). Nothing too outrageous has been done to the interior, but we expect overall refinement to be substantially better than what we've seen in previous Quests, and the usual host of cubbies and cup holders will surely be on hand.

The 2011 Quest will make its official public debut at this December's Los Angeles Auto Show, and those of you who are salivating at the thought of a new Nissan van can stay up to date on the newly launched Quest microsite. In the meantime, check out the gallery below to see the latest teasers, and follow the jump to read Nissan's (very short) press release.

[source: Nissan]

Continue reading Nissan releases more 2011 Quest minivan teasers

Nissan releases more 2011 Quest minivan teasers originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:41:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=HSyV0cIDbTE:BwHpVWjMHNk:wF9xT autoblog?i=HSyV0cIDbTE:BwHpVWjMHNk:V_sGL
HSyV0cIDbTE

View the full article

hyundai sonata mates with a ford flex....not bad.....

and here i thought i was getting an odyssey.....

Ford and GM are missing the boat on the minivan revival.....

All GM would need to do is bring that new van coming out at Buick in China that new Buick GL8. I am sure it would take some modifications to make it work for the US.

Nissan Drops New Pictures of 2011 Quest Minivan

WEDNESDAY, JULY 07, 2010

After the release of a single teaser photo of the all-new, next generation Quest minivan back in April, Nissan today published a full set of images (albeit slightly smoked out) of the full-size people carrier ahead of its world premiere at the 2010 Los Angeles Auto Show in November.

The Japanese automaker is still keeping details on the new Quest under wraps, but it is believed that the next generation minivan with sliding rear-doors will be powered by Nissan's venerable 3.7-liter V6 engine.

Scheduled to go on sale in the U.S. in early 2011, the new Quest will compete with the redesigned for the 2011MY Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey minivans. More photos after the break.

Link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/07/nissan-drops-new-pictures-of-2011-quest.html

This is a widened version of the Elgrand, which is currently used mostly as posh exec shuttle in Japan and Hong Kong.

2011-Nissan-Elgrand.jpg

The last-gen Chevrolet Equinox called. I couldn't quite understand what it was mumbling on about, something about "facebook" or "face back" ...

I kinda like the Japanese minivan concept. There are some details I don't agree with, but this sure is better than just abandoning the segment altogether.