Variance

Spy photos: 2007 Ford F-250 Super Duty

14 posts in this topic

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

Wow-wee. Just the same old bodystyle of the current F-250 that dates back to 1999 with a new front fascia.

caddycruiser    50

Wow-wee. Just the same old bodystyle of the current F-250 that dates back to 1999 with a new front fascia.

Yeah...I wonder what, exactly, is the reason that they continue to use the same old body (give or take a few minor details) through 3 apparent "redesigns". Oh well, at least #3 will get a new interior...that's more than #2 did...

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

Well, No. 2 did get a new chassis along with the new nose. Since No. 3 gets a new interior, do you think that Ford is piecing a new truck together over time?

caddycruiser    50

Well, No. 2 did get a new chassis along with the new nose. Since No. 3 gets a new interior, do you think that Ford is piecing a new truck together over time?

Yeah, I forgot to mention the new chassis and other refinements to the "bones".

As for piecing a new one together over time, it sure does seem that way. Almost as if they only do as much as they can afford, then wait a few years for the money to roll in to give the next nip & tuck...

RJB    0

The King Ranch edition with acres and acres of the hideous plastic dash and tremendously ugly leather. Ford really know how to bring excitement...yeah right!!

91z4me    0

Umm... The next SD will be totally new including a new frame. This come from numerous workers who build them directly to me. It will be all new. Also I don't think it is a 2007. 2008 maybe but not 07, IMO.

sciguy_0504    0

I see side air grilles are all the rage now. How original.

Really, though, how could you not love the King Ranch brown leather? I admit, I have never actually felt it but it sure does look good.

From what I have been reading, the truck was supposed to be a MY2007. However, due to the fact that the new 6.4L diesel needs the new low sulfer fuel, and that has been delayed, the truck has been delayed.

How nice............ manufacturers are supposed to build engines based on the new regs, and new fuels. Then, at the last minute, the feds say "oh, its ok if you take longer to get the fuel out," and the auto manufacturers are left hanging.

Nice way to support your core industries.

samuel    0

I see side air grilles are all the rage now.  How original.

Really, though, how could you not love the King Ranch brown leather?  I admit, I have never actually felt it but it sure does look good.

I saw a King Ranch interior up close and personal. The leather feels great, very expensive, and it smells great.

FUTURE_OF_GM    26

Nice way to support your core industries.

LOL... america?!?!? Support it's core industries?!?!?! Yeah right... LOL.

***I certainly hope Ford can keep their edge with this redesign... I LOVED the Tonka concept and I wish Ford could incorporate some of that technology into this truck.

FWIW, I think Ford has done an EXCELLENT job with the Super Duty and I'd almost CERTAINLY buy it over the current GMT800 heavy duties.

I'm sure the media will DOWNPLAY it though, so that they can hype the new Tundra some more.

Actually I was just commenting on how ugly it was at the Auto Show. It looks like the interior is made out of old boots.

I see side air grilles are all the rage now.  How original.

Really, though, how could you not love the King Ranch brown leather?  I admit, I have never actually felt it but it sure does look good.

balthazar    1,875

King Ranch leather (I've only seen good pics of it) is undoubtedly a subjective thing. It's completely different than anything else. Personally I think it looks great, esp (probably only) for a truck.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.