GTI Un-Pimp My Ride Commercial

njtex

I still think the "Fast" ads are stuuupid.... but these UNpimp My Ride spots are awsome!!!

The best part is that a Mitsubishi & Honda got destroyed. :metal:

Although the third car should have been a Toyota Matrix or Corolla or perhaps a Tiburon not a Ford Focus. The German Engineer cracks me up, this guy needs a REAL show where he can make fun of riceboys at the track.

Although the third car should have been a Toyota Matrix or Corolla or perhaps a Tiburon not a Ford Focus. The German Engineer cracks me up, this guy needs a REAL show where he can make fun of riceboys at the track.

I think the Ford had the best overall demolition, it got completely crushed, not just smacked around. The others should have been a Chevy Cavalier and a Dodge Neon, naturally 8) I see those riced out more often now than Civics (or maybe the Civics are so common they blend in :blink: )

Yeah, I 've seen the catapulted Civic ad, and I believe it's great. Looks like VW still has some of its spunk.

Commercials are amusing the first time you see them.

It's not going to save Volkswagen in the U.S. though. Their product is overpriced, and their unreliability has caught up with them. They can't make a name for themselves with gimmicky, youth oriented marketing like the did in the 1990's. The American people won't be fooled again.

Commercials are amusing the first time you see them. 

It's not going to save Volkswagen in the U.S. though.  Their product is overpriced, and their unreliability has caught up with them.  They can't make a name for themselves with gimmicky, youth oriented marketing like the did in the 1990's.  The American people won't be fooled again.

Time will tell

those commercials are great... who wouldnt want to see rice gettin destroyed?however...am i the only one that notices a very striking similarity?

Posted Image

Posted Image

interesting...

Posted Image

I think maybe someone should combine these commercials...

nice haha but i have seen a car more rice than that... imalmost afraid to post it... but i figured you guys should see it...

Posted Image

eeewwww haha theres actually a whole webpage with pictures of cars riced out beyond belief like this... rice

I can't decide whether or not to be amused or annoyed by these ads. Either way, it would've worked better a few years ago, back when the new generation came out and should have been brought to America, when the ricer craze was at its fast and furious peak, and when the term "German engineering" actually meant something to the public.

I can't decide whether or not to be amused or annoyed by these ads.  Either way, it would've worked better a few years ago, back when the new generation came out and should have been brought to America, when the ricer craze was at its fast and furious peak, and when the term "German engineering" actually meant something to the public.

true.

but if they would have waited, they could have timed it too come out at the same time as F&F 3 :lol:

enzora was right...i was pointing out how similar the two cars are... how anyone could not see it i dont know... but are they the same company (pardon the ignorance on this... ive neevr done much research as far as how the european companies are set up) because if they then thats all good i suppose... but if not then thats a pretty blatant ripoff

enzora was right...i was pointing out how similar the two cars are... how anyone could not see it i dont know... but are they the same company (pardon the ignorance on this... ive neevr done much research as far as how the european companies are set up) because if they then thats all good i suppose... but if not then thats a pretty blatant ripoff

Yes, VW owns Audi.

(along with many others including Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini just to name a few)