Sign in to follow this  
gerbonium

Saab 9-1

4 posts in this topic

I seriously have been wanting GM to build a car like this for SO long. itd go right up against the Audi A3 and BMW 1 series (not quite in the states yet...)

It would be based off of a stretched kappa (for more than one reason), about 6-8 inch lengthened wheelbase with probably an extra 10 inches overall (mainly in the back for more cargo space) Engines will be the 2.4L ecotec with 177hp, 2.8L Turbo V6 with 250hp and then a year later 3.6L turbo v6 with 325hp (to own the world of wagons). A5 trannsmission with paddle shifting, and M5 or M6 (depending on the engine). 5 seats that are VERY comfortable like Alfa Romeo's seats. when u sit in them u just want to drive hard. Well designed luxorious interior (unlike current saab's interiors... eww...) so no more inteiors with 11 billion buttons and wont look so damn flat and utilitarion. although id keep saab's 2-tone steering wheel and guage cluster. It would have more dcargo space then the competition (which isnt a whole lot btw). It will have to be a very safe car with plenty of air bags, onstar, and optional HUD.

Anyways on to the driving aspects. This is one of the reasons why i chose kappa. This is going to be a fun car to drive. It has to be. There will be two settings one called street mode (softer setting and smoother shifts with auto) and "fun" mode (obviously sharper shifting with autos and stiffer suspension). the fun aspect is paddle shifting and manuals are necessary.

The other reason why i chose kappa is that it is already designed. would just have to modify it slightly and this car could hit the streets in a year and a half. Prices start at 24,000 and up to 32,000 for the 3.6T model.

anyways heres the original drawing i made:

Posted Image

and i tried to recreate it in PS

Posted Image

The grill wouldnt be as flat as in the ps, so take that in mind. also the bar in it is supposed to look like a jet coming at you. to kind of go with the whole "born from jets" marketing scheme. yes i know the steering wheel is on the wrong side but its easier for me to edit things from this angle (as opposed to if the car was pointing right). and yes the wheels have bowties on them. its a ps of the nomad concept and i kinda forgot about the wheels... also i would have liked it to not be as roundish (like on the sides) as is in the PS

what do u guys think?

nice job, i like the front in the drawing

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this