Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Spy Shots: 2012 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

22 posts in this topic

Spy Shots: 2012 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan

Viknesh Vijayenthiran July 23rd, 2010

With the 2012 Chevrolet Aveo, General Motors is taking its small car destiny in its own hands, bringing its Honda Fit fighter home to America--at least in terms of design and production. Unlike the first-generation model, which was designed largely in South Korea, the new Aveo will be mostly homegrown, and if the Detroit Auto Show’s striking Aveo RS Concept is anything to go by it looks like GM has a definite winner on its hands.

We already have a fairly good idea as to how the new Aveo will look thanks to the Aveo RS Concept but these latest spy shots, plus previously released official renderings, put an end to most of the guess work.

As expected the production version loses the aggressive bodykit and 19 inch wheels of the concept but thankfully the general look of the car remains the same. The introduction of a four-door sedan, as well as the regular hatchback, also means the new Aveo lineup will stand a better chance competing against the likes of the Ford Fiesta and the hatchback-only Honda Fit. The interior gets Chevrolet’s new family styling, which sees it share much of its design with cars like the Cruze and Equinox.

link:

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1047483_spy-shots-2012-chevrolet-aveo-sedan

Spy Shots: Are you the next Chevrolet Aveo sedan?

by Zach Bowman (RSS feed) on Jul 23rd 2010 at 3:31PM Spy Shots

Chevrolet Aveo Sedan? – Click above for high-res image gallery

Now here's a curiosity. Our legion of spy photographers managed to lay their lenses on a small sedan testing with a bevy of 2011 Chevrolet Aveo hatchbacks. We aren't exactly positive, but our best guess is this little guy is the four-door version of the bottom of the Bow Tie line. If true, this is the best look we've had at the Aveo sedan – save a few patent drawings – but there are a few complications with the theory.

For starters, very little of this car dovetails with what we've seen of the five-door. We could gloss over inconsistencies like vastly different doors, complete with incongruous handles and side view mirrors, but things get murkier when we have a look at the two cars' lug pattern.

This new creation clearly rocks four lugs, while every other camo'd Aveo we've seen uses five. Chances are General Motors probably isn't interested in using completely different spindles, rotors, wheels, etc. just for a different body style of the same vehicle. So what is it? Your guess is as good as ours.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/23/spy-shots-are-you-the-next-chevrolet-aveo-sedan/

daves87rs    349

I am going to be in the market for another car in february or march. thinking about eiether a Cruze, 2012 Aveo or an Equinox. giving the 2006 G6 to my girlfriend and im buying a new car.

As long as it is about the size of the current cobalt, it will be on my list as well...

cavalier36    7

I think with the upgrade in materials, styling and if they can keep the price right the Aveo may no longer be a joke.

I looked at a 2010 Aveo LT today when I was getting my oil changed. I didnt think its that bad of a car. It was like an aqua color. I can get a really really good deal on it. like $11,300 out the door. going to take my g/f to go look at it. see if she would like it. I sat in it and it seemed comfortable. Didnt drive it though.

Drew Dowdell    5,159

I looked at a 2010 Aveo LT today when I was getting my oil changed. I didnt think its that bad of a car. It was like an aqua color. I can get a really really good deal on it. like $11,300 out the door. going to take my g/f to go look at it. see if she would like it. I sat in it and it seemed comfortable. Didnt drive it though.

Would wait. The powertrain is where the current Aveo falls in the mud.

Drew Dowdell    5,159

I disagree DF. At least in Sedan form, it's probably one of the more attractive vehicles in it's class.... though that's not really hard to do against the Yaris and Versa. Honda chinzed up the Fit interior so much that Chevy really couldn't do any worse there. Supposedly it rides well enough.

It's the fuel economy that isn't great and power that isn't great.

• Downvote 1

smk4565    351

This is a boring segment to me, and the current Aveo doesn't really get anything right aside from having 4 wheels and a steering wheel. Any of these sub $13,000 cars are bad, people are better off buying a used car for $13,000.

This is a boring segment to me, and the current Aveo doesn't really get anything right aside from having 4 wheels and a steering wheel. Any of these sub $13,000 cars are bad, people are better off buying a used car for $13,000.

who is this an exciting segment to? these are subcompacts, these are boring cars

hyperv6    774

I had a Aveo for a loaner for a couple days. I was never so glad to get into a base Cobalt LS.

It had no power, cheap interior, horrid suspension that would bounce over half a lane on bridges. I would put part of the blaime on cheap Kumo tires.

I have to say I respect the fearlessness of most Aveo owners as they really have car that I is not a car of enjoyment.

It did have a nice sunglass holder on the headliner but my Wiley X sun glasses will not fit in it.

I do see the new car looks to improve greatly in each and every area of this car. To buy one of the old ones will leave you with several years of payments and regretts.

• Upvote 1

hyperv6    774

who is this an exciting segment to? these are subcompacts, these are boring cars

I would love to take one of the new hatches and dump a LNF 2.0 with the 290 HP turbo upgrade in one. That is something GM will not do but someone in the aftermarket could have a little fun here.

Maybe to people riding the bus or walking? Or stuck w/ a worn out used car.. of the B-seg models, I find the Fiesta and Fit sorta kinda appealing.

Cory Wolfe    263

I disagree DF. At least in Sedan form, it's probably one of the more attractive vehicles in it's class.... though that's not really hard to do against the Yaris and Versa. Honda chinzed up the Fit interior so much that Chevy really couldn't do any worse there. Supposedly it rides well enough.

It's the fuel economy that isn't great and power that isn't great.

I agree with DF. Sure, it looks fine and the interior may be par for the course, but that's about it. It's unsafe, it does not ride very well, its powertrain and drivetrain are horribly inadequate, and it's not built very well either. This car is not a car worth anyone's money. If you must have a Chevy, get a Cobalt that's better in every single way and costs hardly any more.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this