• Lexus
    • Mercedes
    • Oldsmobile
    • Plymouth
    • Pontiac
    • Saturn
    • Toyota
    • Volkswagen

The first engine started to use too much oil at around 220,000 miles so we replaced it with a used one with 70,000 miles. The first transmission gave up the ghost at around 250,000 miles so we replaced with a junkyard one.

and strike terror in the hearts of those who dare call GM and the 3800 V6 crap. Wish me luck.

1992 Buick Regal coupe - 3800 V6 (Series I, there were no series at that time), one owner (me), 222,000 miles.

Right you are! One can't call the 3800 V6 crap.

Surprised to see that your engine exhibited trouble before the transmission. I always thought these transes were good for only 100,000 to 150,000. What was your service interval for the transmission to get to a quarter million miles?

I am getting no oil consumption in between oil changes...maybe a 1/4 of a quart at the most. Transmission fluid always stays at a light pink color and shifts so you almost don't notice it. Certain interior components are a little frayed but the body is in good shape and the silver color has held up remarkably well.

No, I don't win the oldest car award, just the best. :AH-HA_wink: :AH-HA_wink:

I am currently driving a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP.

Is it fast?  Like crazy-fast yes

Do I use the tap shift?  Tap shift is only fun until you spill your coffee.

Does the heads up display distract?  No, in fact I think it shouldn't have your current speed up there, but how much a ticket would cost if you got clocked right this driving second.  ie. instead of 140 km, the HUD should display $325

It's an awesome car.

Stace, you're HYSTERICAL!

1985? I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade but I daily drove my 1968 Camaro in August of 2002, Summer (actaully like April to Oct.) of 2003 & 2004.

Even thought I have nine cars in my driveway now only three of them are registered & on the road. I atkem the Blazer out once in a blue moon under the seven day law on my old Fleetwood Broughma plates but now those are permanantly on the Q. The registered cars average out to exactly 1983.

All combined the driveway/lawn averages out to 1985 exactly.

Right now as we speak this is what is in my driveway:

- 1968 Camaro (my Sixty8Panther) Still registered but the plate expired in Nov.

- 1977 Olds Cutlass Sedan (XPs beater)

- 1979 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (XPs classic... for sale again)

- 1983 Volvo 240 (demolition derby car 4.1)

- 1984 Datsun Maxima (daily diver)

- 1988 Chevrolet Blazer (full size)

- 1992 Chevrolet Corsica (269,000 miles)

- 1997 Cadillac STS (will get traded ASAP)

- 1997 Infiniti Q45 (as of today)

Edited by Sixty8panther

We changed the transmission fluid and filter religiously every 50,000 miles. It also helped that we didn't burn the tires at every stop light.

Good. I do this about every 18,000 to 20,000 and I guess it's served me well. When the dealer runs the $ 89 coupon, I go get it done. If I've done 10x, then $ 890 is still way cheaper than to overhaul one of these units.

were did the Corsica come from?

Buddy calls me up and askes me to tow it for him. His landlord was paving the driveway and the Corsica has not moved since the fuel pump went out... AGAIN. So I use my AAA to get it towed out of his driveway and I told him I'd sell it for him for parts.

Long story short it's been there since October and I'm junking it shortly. A local yard is giving $100 per car if you drive/push/pull it there.

Guest YellowJacket894

Me? It's on loan from my dad...a 1999 Dodge Dakota SLT Club Cab with a V-8 and four-wheel drive.

I hate it, though, even with a V-8. It's so awkward for me to park in any parking space.

Can't wait to find the car (Camaro or maybe an Impala SS) that will actually belong to me this summer or late fall. I just have to source, scrape, and save the money for the down payment first. (And I mean a good down payment that'll make my payment low.)

Edited by YellowJacket894

Man is it a demo car worthy! or do you rather have $100. lol.

The right rear bumper support is already damaged and the car has some rust issues plus it has not run since Aug. 2005. I'm all set with that POS. I'll pick up a runningin driving car for $100... that's what the Volvo cost me. :)

We've got two Dodges--a Caravan and a Neon. I mostly drive the Neon while my wife generally has the Caravan.

The Neon was really inexpensive and so far has been completely reliable. It gets good gas mileage too. The Caravan drives nicely for a minivan and it was surprisingly inexpensive too.

As good of a deal as my Neon was, I'd prefer a Cobalt sedan. But I couldn't find one with the right equipment within $2000 of what I paid for the Neon. I'd really like a Malibu LT w/ 3500 V6 but now we're talking a lot more money.

Edited by NeonLX

I'm currently driving a black/black leather int. 91 BMW 525i with a 5spd manual. Absolutely love it. Bought it with less than 100K miles, too, so it's in great shape. Insanely fun to drive, the style is classic BMW and has held up well, and its got loads of modern features (power everything, one-touch windows, CD player etc). Gas mileage isn't fantastic...currently getting about 19 all city miles.

Used to have a '66 Mustang, red & black interior, 289 2bbl V8 with 3-spd manual. After about halfway through restoration, I had to sell it b/c of a lack of funds and I simply needed a day-to-day driver, not a weekend warrior. Definitely miss it.