NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

What's Forbidden In Your Car?

24 posts in this topic

What's Forbidden In Your Car?

Your body is not your temple. Your car is. And there are rules about what you allow in a holy place. For example: no crumbly food in the temple. What's forbidden in your car?

I'll abide much in my own vehicle, because despite its level of perfection, it is still a 1986 Volvo 240 wagon. What I won't stand for is tacky, gigantic audio equipment. There's an entire cult of audiophiles dedicated to blasting brain-melting music out of humongous black rectangles. To me, it's just an ugly way to add weight to my car. When I bought the wagon it had a set of small, ugly speaker boxes in the back. For the moment, I'm listening to music on two speakers because I can't bare to have anyone see the rears. I'll replace them eventually, but audio is so far down on my list that it's probably a long time coming.

You are the gatekeeper. What won't you allow past your gate?

link:

http://jalopnik.com/5597539/whats-forbidden-in-your-car

frogger    115

Mostly to do with snowboarding, I put blankets down over the seats on the way home so my friends' swampy pants don't wet the seats. Food is allowed but it can't be anything stinky or messy like fries and a burger or it stays in the bag.

As well..

2694491.jpg

Smoking. Messy food. Other people's pets. children. Republicans (just kidding, I'll let my friends or coworkers from the dark side ride w/ me as long as we don't discuss politics).

• Upvote 1

FAPTurbo    1,093

As well..

2694491.jpg

:lol:

Food is my biggest peeve, especially if heavy amounts of condiments have been applied.

Camino LS6    866

Depends on the car at this point.

Smoking was outlawed in everything until I got the ROPOS.

In the Firehawk, even sweating was not permitted. :smilewide:

In the Silverado, food and drink were ok (except for energy drinks - I hate the stench of those).

No alchohol!

I didn't smoke in my own cars from '86 until I got the ROPOS, now I have slipped a bit and smoke in the Tahoe and the wagon. If I ever get those two done-up right, smoking will stop again.

Intrepidation    848

In the Intrepid:

No smoking

No alcohol

No food

Nothing that looks aftermarket

No pets/animals

Nothing on the seats except yourself

No singing

If I am driving I have charge of the radio.

No trash

No sprays

No air fresheners. My car always smells clean.

If you bring a drink be prepared to A) use yourself as a shield in case anything spills, and B) to clean any spill up.

No parking near it (besides Jessica), don't want to risk carelessness.

NO driving it (except Jessica), see above.

In the Prizm:

No smoking

No alcohol

No singing

FAPTurbo    1,093

You wouldn't happen to have been a former leader of the Third Reich some sixty years ago, would you? :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Croc    268

I've only smoked in my car like 3 or 4 times, and only alone with windows down and carefully trying to keep the smoke OUT of the car. Never smelled of smoke, and I've since quit for all practical purposes.

My rule is simple: I can do whatever I want in my car, because if I mess it up, I am paying for the interior detailing. My friends are banned from smoking, and are advised not to bring food, capless drinks, unsecured candy (i.e. fun size individual candy that may be wrapped, but is not contained in a sealed bag or container), or even greasy hands. After this advisement, if they try to argue, I say "Fine, but if even one piece/drop gets in my car, I am charging you $40 for a complete interior detailing." Usually they heed my advice.

balthazar    2,004

I'm a neat, courteous, respectful, non-smoker/non-singer, yet for some reason I don't want to ride with any of you. ;)

My truck is a work truck, rolling right up on 90K. No smoking (never did myself) or leave your garbage in it and that's about it.

Amazingly, I've never recited an arm's-length list of No-Nos to potential passengers, and yet have never had an issue. :unsure:

Oh yea, one more rule- no more than 2 strippers aboard at once (too much chatter). :yes:

daves87rs    349

In the Intrepid:

No smoking

No alcohol

No food

Nothing that looks aftermarket

No pets/animals

Nothing on the seats except yourself

No singing

If I am driving I have charge of the radio.

No trash

No sprays

No air fresheners. My car always smells clean.

If you bring a drink be prepared to A) use yourself as a shield in case anything spills, and B) to clean any spill up.

No parking near it (besides Jessica), don't want to risk carelessness.

NO driving it (except Jessica), see above.

In the Prizm:

No smoking

No alcohol

No singing

You so remind me of my buddy....yes.gif

Mine are simple, particularly since nobody else rides in my cars anyway ... lol.

NO smoking

NO food

NO drinks (except water)

Though, I do have some hard candy in my daily drivers for the long rides home.

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *

MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's only going to make me strong" ... LeAnn Rimes ... 'Life Goes On'

pow    106

I realize that I drive a nine year old midsize sedan worth about $6,000, not a Bugatti or something, so I'm not terribly fascist when it comes to my passengers. However, they've all treated my car with respect - no smoking, no trash, no messy food - and I appreciate them for that.

Croc    268

Heh, I never recite a list of rules, but those are the things that fall under a "You know you're not coming in here with that, right?"

I didn't used to care, but that was before a "C'mon, are you kidding me? I'm not going to spill my snow cone!" turned into an hour of cleaning dried red sticky goo from all over the passenger side of my car. Again, my friends can do it, but they'll have to pony up if they make a mess.

ocnblu    773

Passengers' hands and feet must not touch any part of the vehicle. And NO carnal activity. PERIOD.:angry:

Another rule in my car...take care of c/D's. I hat it when C/D's get scattered...

My rules are pretty much the same....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.