What Would Caesar Augustus Drive?

ocnblu

Saw a strange one...a young blonde woman driving a white w/ red interior '75/76 Caddy Coupe de Ville in decent shape, but without the hood. I think I saw her driving this car a few months ago, but with a hood then...

Also saw two clean white w/ white top '81-91 Blazers..

Saw an odd one the other morning - a Lexus LS sitting along my road absolutely creamed by something big. It was hit in the rear and taillight lens schrapnel was all over the road - so it almost had to have been parked there when hit.

Not a soul around, no cops, no one checking out the damage.

I wonder if it was a hit and run. I hate the car, but that would be a grim sight to wake up to.

A tan '80 Dodge Aspen on side of the freeway this morning w/ a flat tire.

A very clean triple brown '76 Caprice 4dr sedan w/ '80s style slotted mag wheels.

This was a few weeks ago, but Camino's post triggered the memory--

a dark green w/ white stripes '70-73 Camaro w/ RS nose and L88 hood on the side of the road w/ the front tires on a two-wheel trailer. I wonder what happened to the truck or whatever that was pulling the trailer..the car was too nice to leave abandoned on the side of a busy freeway.

'91 Caprice without emblems or side moldings, with black steelies and dog dish hubcaps. Dark tinted windows. Mean sounding engine. Owned by a young guy. When he opened the doors you could see by the jambs, the car was originally light blue.

'91 Caprice without emblems or side moldings, with black steelies and dog dish hubcaps. Dark tinted windows. Mean sounding engine. Owned by a young guy. When he opened the doors you could see by the jambs, the car was originally light blue.

Reminds me of a couple of 'em here at work, one a '91-92 and another a '94-96..both white Caprices, likely ex-cop cars w/ spotlights, no door side moldings. One has steelies w/ DDs, the other '90s style directial mags (that one has aftermarket gauges on the dash and a rear wing).

R

Saw a 1st gen Infiniti G35 in silver w/ faded/peeling paint, one front fender primered, scuffed plastic bumpers..odd to see a car that recent so worn out looking.

Saw 3 Lucernes in traffic last evening, incl. one w/ a rooftop ski/bike rack and a driver that appeared to be no more than 30. Shocking.

OK, a late-model red MGB convertible in great shape. First CTS wagon I've seen on the road. And I drove by the dealerships and saw a red 2 and a red Sportage. I'll prolly go back tomorrow and stick my nose to the glass on those.

Saw a really clean bright red '70 Malibu 350 2dr yesterday, had '68-69 style Rally wheels w/ dog dish style center caps.

Today on the freeway, saw an unusual matte dark red Chrysler 300C wagon w/ blacked out chrome, large black wheels...sinister looking.

Saw a solid '69 Mustang sportsroof in dark primer gray on the freeway, looked very straight, a resto project in progress I assume.

Followed a silver '95/96 Roadmaster Limited home for a big chunk of the drive. Seeing less & less & less of these, rarely from the rear so the view intrigued me. Older lady, but from stops & on straightaways, she had that LT1 roaring...not the typical older driven by an older Buick everyone is used to following.

IMG_3634.jpg

Saw a Chrysler 300C w/ a mesh aftermarket grille with a big chrome 'Superman' 'S' emblem in the centre of the grille. Wierd.

Saw a white '11 Regal w/ a tan coach roof, tinted windows, whitewalls, chrome wheels, gold custom grille w/ chrome cap, gold badging. Ick.

oh the agony

Yeah, probably came from the Buick store near my house..they always have a few 'grandpa' trimmed LaCrosse and Lucernes on the lot..I think they even had a coach-roofed and gold trimmed Enclave a while back.

A new Bright Magenta '11 Ford Fiesta on our lot yesterday. Not exactly pink, and parked next to a new candy red '11 Mustang 5.0, it was playing tricks on me...something different. But up close, yep, deep, deep magenta. Interesting color on that little thing.

Saw a black Audi A7 on the freeway today...very sharp. First one I've seen, much nicer than the BMW 5-series GT. Approaching from a distance, I first thought it was an A5 Sportback, but no, an A7. With an Arizona plate. Also saw a bright red SEAT Leon..neat looking compact.

Also a white '71 Pontiac T37..I've seen this car around the last couple years, but they recently took off the vinyl top, revealing evil rust around the back window...the car is solid and straight overall, though. Saw a faded but clean lt green '72 Buick Electra 225 4dr ht w/ white vinyl top..have seen this one before from a distance, parked down a side street..saw up close tonight.

Also saw an absolutely worn out looking 1st gen CTS--dark gray paint faded out, heavy oxidation, cracked rear bumper cover, scuffed plastic on fascias...

Also a white '71 Pontiac T37..I've seen this car around the last couple years, but they recently took off the vinyl top, revealing evil rust around the back window...the car is solid and straight overall, though. Saw a faded but clean lt green '72 Buick Electra 225 4dr ht w/ white vinyl top..have seen this one before from a distance, parked down a side street..saw up close tonight.

Also saw an absolutely worn out looking 1st gen CTS--dark gray paint faded out, heavy oxidation, cracked rear bumper cover, scuffed plastic on fascias...

I'd kill for the T37!

I'd kill for the T37!

I'd thought it was a Le Mans when I'd seen it driving around before, white w/ black top, some Cragar mags. But tonight I saw it in a parking lot, and saw the T-37 badge on the decklid. Cool.

One of the very few and seldomly seen Sunset Orange Metallic (SOM) '01 Silverados. One of my favorite shades, from back in the 1st gen Av days.

IMG_9279.jpg

2nd new '11 Mazda 2 we received, this one a black Touring automatic. Fun little car & I really like the Touring's cloth with red piping.

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

Didn't have my phone at the time, of course, but...

On Sunday was in the midst of a lot of out of state beach traffic, exiting. Was next to a brand new local black with blacked out windows '11 Grand Cherokee Laredo for a while. Instantly still a GC, but looks 10x more upscale than the "it couldn't have been cheapier" '05-10 model.

Then saw, and it kind of shocked me for some reason, a new deep burgundy '11 Infiniti QX56. Nice shape, nice curves, and is tall. But stands out and in a good way, I thought, very classy and curvy for the segment. Certainly held its own in heavy traffic, for looks.

An Auburn Boattail Speedster this morning. I'm pretty sure it was a replica, but it looked great on the road. Unfortunately, a sea of blandmobiles plodding along prevented me from getting a close-up look.

Easy way to tell...

Many, if not all of the Replicas have supercharger pipes on both sides. The real ones only have them on the left side.

Found out that one of these lives around the corner from me..... same color too:

post-51-12830353002209.jpg

Easy way to tell...

Many, if not all of the Replicas have supercharger pipes on both sides. The real ones only have them on the left side.

Found out that one of these lives around the corner from me..... same color too:

post-51-12830353002209.jpg

Ahhh...there was one of those down the street from me when I was a little kid in Steubenville, Ohio in the '70s...a black '67 Delmont 88 2dr ht. I've seen one of those Auburn replicas, the giveaway to me was the smaller diameter, wider modern wheels and tires (15 inch rims w/ radials instead of the huge '30s style bicycle tires and larger wheels)

My Delmont:

post-394-1283041914654.jpg

Interesting..the car Oldsmoboi posted has the turn signals between the headlights, like a '67-68 Cutlass. Different trim level (Delmont 88 vs Delta 88)?

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar